Friday, March 2, 2018

A day for daffodils

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. I woke up early when Chris' alarm went off. We both turned over to go back to sleep. He later got up and showered and went to work. I stayed in bed for what seemed like a long time, both too hot and too cold, trying to get comfortable. But when I did get up, it was only 7:30.
I cut a strip of dark brown and sewed it to the other strip of dark brown to make a strip long enough to go all the way around the circle of bread. I stitched 1/8th inch from the edge until the bobbin thread ran out. Then I gathered the edge with a very slight gather to go around the circle.
I turned on the router and the laptop, and poured myself a quart of filtered water. I boiled a small bit of water to steep the kava tea bags from last night. I look at images of communion banners online to get an idea of a better color for the background. I cued up the Day 3 episode of The Skinny on Fat. I took the following notes:
Dr Kate Shanahan: There are more pufa's in our body fat now than back in the 1940's. Saturated fat took the fall for heart disease from smoking. Our mitochondria can't burn pufas so we are hungry even though we have 10's of thousands of calories in storage. Insulin locks the fat closet thus no body fat is burned. A vegetable oil diet is full of pufa's (polyunsaturated fatty acids). Have fat for breakfast. Body fat is the best fuel, burns more cleanly and gives more energy. The first result people on a high fat/low pufa diet notice is increased mental focus and brain function.
Dr. Thomas Seyfried: Cancer is a metabolic disease, not a genetic one. Cancer cells require glucose and/or glutamine to survive. Cancer becomes easy to manage through metabolic therapy. Dietary fat is burned or excreted, not stored. It is the excess carbs that are stored as fat. Better to eat your carbs in one meal than to spread them out throughout the day.
Dr. Tony Bark: The best thing you can do for your mitochondria is either immersion in cold water, or going into ketosis (a fat-burning state)
I did lajin and paida while the audio played. I made breakfast, then got dressed and paused the episode. I went to the church rummage sale. I was hoping to find a dehydrator, but what I got was some fabric, a twin mattress pad, and some laptop speakers. Then I tried the thrift shop on Bob Wallace. I got some pillowcases there, but no dehydrator. I also tried the one on Johnson Road. No dehydrator but I found more fabric.
When I got home, I unrolled the fabric to look at it. I put it all in the washer, along with the new wool dryer balls from Amazon. I ate a banana with cinnamon. I finished listening to the fat summit. The last speaker recommended salt on fat fast.
I ironed the fabric when it came out of the dryer. Chris came home with a package from Swansons. I put the contents away. I found an extension cord so I could plug in the speakers I bought. They seemed to be louder than the laptop itself, which was what I hoped for. I went for a walk and timed it to see if that route could be done in half an hour. I saw daffodils growing in odd locations that might mean houses used to be there. My right sock kept sliding down into my shoe. Was it the sock or the shoe? I exchanged the socks on my feet and discovered that they were not a match. But there was no sliding after that.
When I got home, I picked dandelion to make a salad. I also heated a chicken leg and a turkey burger in the toaster oven. I watched an applique video. I texted with Wesley. At 7 I listened to part of the first interview of Day 5.
At 8, I paused it to watch Voyager with Chris. We saw three episodes from season 5 of 6. I wished it were season 7 of 9 – bwahahaha.. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog. I drank the kava tea from this morning as I recounted my day. After posting, I went to bed.

No comments: