Saturday, March 3, 2018

Sewing Saturday

I got up at 9:30. I got dressed and trimmed all the strip triangle blocks to 19 inches. I rolled up that project and stuck it in my cart. I checked e-mail while listening to the remaining interviews from the Tapping World Summit. I wrote a check and put it in the mail.
I rolled my cart out to the car and loaded it in the trunk. I went to the Bailey Cove Library where the Modern Quilt Guild was having a charity sew day. They were having lunch so I sat with them while they ate and a guest came in and showed off her quilt. After lunch, we moved the lunch table back to the sewing area. I set up my machine and put borders on the Renegades quilt. Then I asked for charity work. They gave me pieces of batting to sew together for a quilt top. After that, I made backing for another quilt top. Then I took a small top and added borders and blocks to make it bigger. For the final border I took apart a valance that was in the fabric box, and unstitched it then cut strips. I got one strip sewn on and then had to pack up as it was 4:45. And then we were gone.
When I got home, I put on Day 4 of The Skinny on Fat. While I listened, I made and ate breakfast. I had a few other things as well as they were discussing what was good to eat.
I had to stop it several times to write down some notes. I finished it around 8. Here are my notes:
Dr. Steven Gundry: Lectins are bad for you. American lectins are nightshades including gogi berries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and chia. American beans also have lectins: peanuts and cashews (which cause rashes, etc), and are part of the poison ivy family. Get your vitamin D levels up; take more omega 3 fish oil; get a lot of olive oil in your diet; get rid of grains and beans ( unless you use a pressure cooker), if you eat nightshades, pressure cook or peel and deseed them to get rid of lectins; fruit should only be eaten in season and from a local source. Reduce animal proteins.
Dr. Felice Gersh: We need to fast more often to signal autophagy. 30 percent of our genes are clock genes – live in tune with the rhythms of your body.
James Chestnut, DC: today's chronic illnesses are not genetic since our genes haven't changed in millenia. We are genetic superstars, having survived this far. Eat for your species.
We watched three episodes of Voyager. The last one was part 1 of 2, and the last episodes of season 6. Afterward, I took my evening supplements and posted to my blog.
* This is one of the quilt tops another lady was working on, made from an orphan block. *

No comments: