Monday, March 26, 2018

Not my best day

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. My nose was congested. I tried not breathing, which worked, but only cleared it for about 10 seconds each time. I inhaled from my essential oil bottles, but without luck. I tried moving my head from leaning forward to leaning backward and back to break it loose, but no. Finally I resigned myself to breathing through my mouth, which usually means a sore throat in the morning.
I woke up early, hearing footsteps in the bedroom. Then the shower came on. I did not have a sore throat, but my nose was completely blocked. I laid on my infrared heating pad in the guest room. It felt good, but there was no change in congestion. Sometime after Chris left, I went back to sleep in my own bed.
When I got up again, it was 9:30. I disinfected my toothbrushes. I started cutting squares to sew, but then gave up and sewed together a pair from the stack Beverly gave me. I turned on the router and called the doctor's office to see if he still wanted me to show up. I did not want to infect him or his secretary. She said she would ask him and call back. I swished and checked e-mail. I boiled water and poured it over a towel in sink and put peppermint oil on it. I breathed that under a large towel, but my congestion did not abate. When she called back, the doctor had said to reschedule. So I did, for tomorrow. I called Bertha to tell her I wasn't coming to quilting so as not to 'share' whatever this is. It made me mad that I had to change my schedule. I hate being sick.
I took multiple rounds of vitamin C. I took colostrum. I drank a mug of hot bone broth. I jumped on my rebounder. I looked up acupressure points for sinus congestion and tried all of them. I tapped and tapped. I meditated with Oprah and Deepak. I massaged lymph points in the head and neck. I swished with salt water, and each time thought I was going to suffocate, but my nose would open just enough to get a small stream of air. Jennifer called to tell me her experience with the same doctor. There were parallels to my experience.
When Chris came home, he suggested a few things I had tried and one that I had rejected – snorting salt water. He changed his clothes and got on his laptop. I jotted some notes for the day. I took some niacin, then went for a walk. On the way, I picked some wild lettuce and violets. The walk seemed to help, temporarily. When I got back, I picked some dandelion, heated up some fish, and made a big salad,. I put some cayenne pepper on it in hope that it would clear the congestion. Nope. The niacin flush hit, but it did not help. I watched a video on total brain and body health. I paused it when Chris signed into the Fox network to watch last week's episode of Lucifer. But it would only give us 5 minutes. So we watched BBT instead, then the current episode of Lucifer, and then one episode of Enterprise. It was only 9pn, but we were both tired and I did not feel well. So I typed up my blog and we went to bed.
* wild lettuce *

No comments: