Friday, March 30, 2018

It looked like rain

I had the usual hard time falling asleep, but then I slept through the night. I had only taken the kava and ashwagandha before retiring. When I woke up, I was still breathing through my nose, even though it wasn't entirely clear. I got to comb my chicken hair into submission. Then I went to the kitchen to check the time. It was 8:05. I warmed some water in the teapot, but it still had chopped turmeric in it. I sewed some black strips to some squares, then turned on the router. I jotted some notes while waiting for the internet to find me.
When it came up, I checked e-mail and deleted the ones I wasn't going to read. I hovered on Facebook, waiting for an old tapping buddy, but she was not there. I watched an episode of TQS. I made another batch of vit C mixture. I took some niacin and when it kicked in, did some exercises to get the lymph going. I got out the mixer I used to make hummus with. But discovered that it leaks. So I used the blender attachment to the Oster. It made a big batch because I inadvertantly used the 1/3 cup instead of the ¼ cup measure. I noticed the day getting brighter. It had looked like rain earlier. I made breakfast and ate it while watching another episode of TQS.
When the sun came out and dried the grass, I went outside to mow. I mowed a little higher than usual because the greens were so tall. But at least I cut off all the dandelion flowers. It seems once they flower, the leaves start to turn blotchy and they are not appetizing. When I came in, I needed a rest. So I did one of Oprah's meditations. Then I did some tapping for my cyst, which has come back.
Chris came home with a package. It was only 3pm so they must have let people go early. I put away the contents: supplements and chia seed. I made a large salad and ate it while tapping and then playing Solitaire. I looked up two places that Jennifer mentioned the other night.
I washed up and got dressed. I thought a teal top and blue pants would be ok for the service. I ate some fish and brushed my teeth. It was nice out, but I took a coat for later. When I got to the church and walked in, the whole choir was wearing black. Jennifer had told them last night to wear black. So Doris took off her black shrug and put it on my shoulders to cover the bright teal top. Hey, at least I had glow-in-the-dark fingernails from peeling the turmeric yesterday to go with it. I asked the altos if there was anything else that Jennifer told them last night. They said just that I was singing a solo and giving a speech.
In a few minutes, the choir from Hope Methodist joined us. We practiced our pieces for the night. Then we listened to the organist play a few selections. It was pretty amazing what she did with that new organ and all the different voices it had programmed into it. You'd have thought there was a whole orchestra.
Then the service began. As it progressed, two men turned the lights down. It got dimmer and dimmer and harder to read the music. I had a little penlight that was Mom's. I used it a few times. Then during the Lord's prayer, the choir got up and made a line around the congregation. We memorized the song and sang it in the dark. Then the pastor spoke the words “It is finished.”. He slammed the Bible shut. One little girl jumped. Then we were dismissed in silence. I went back to my seat to get my choir folder and to return Doris' shrug. I could hardly made her out in the dark. I walked out to my car and had to rummage through my purse to find my keys. Then I drove home.
I arrived at 8:20. Chis was on his laptop. I made a mug of hot bone broth with turmeric while he cued up Enterprise. We watched three episodes. Then we retired to our laptops. I took a few evening supplements and posted to my blog before going to bed.

No comments: