Saturday, March 24, 2018

Challenge completed

I got up around 9. I got dressed and fixed my hair. While looking in the mirror, I realized my head and neck were not straight. Why had I never noticed that before? And that with my hair swept back, I looked like Mom. That made me cry.
I did some sewing the quilt top, and then fired up my laptop. Chris already had the router on. I listened to some audios while I went through today's messages and links. I ate a fat bomb and made breakfast. I took a walk. When I got back, I cut some of the old monkey grass with handshears to make room for the new shoots.
I laid down for a session of Yoga Nidra on my infrared heating pad. It was very relaxing and I nearly fell asleep I read e-mail again and discovered that one is supposed to delete texts from their phone. I did not realize it was a form of clutter. So I deleted a bunch. Kurt had the record for sending me the most.
I sewed more strips to the triangles in the quilt top, then secured them to the blocks. I found a fabric for the corners to square it up. I was surprised to find that the 4 edges were within a quarter of an inch of being the same length. Whoo-hoo!
I ate some fish, an avocado, a handful of soaked nuts. I read up on dentinal fluid and how it cleans out the tubules in the dentin of teeth – in the absence of sugar.
I cleared my sewing table of all scraps so I could work on the next project, whatever it might be. I went to the garage to get some graph paper. But by then it was 8. When Chris finished what he was doing, we watched three episodes of Enterprise. I wore my special glasses which made lots of things look orange. I swished with a combination of salt, baking soda and essential oils. Then I wrote up my blog post for the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Fern! I'm sorry to say but I think there is a mistake in the center yellow and blue block on your orphan quilt. Teo of the yellow and blue half triangle blocks are just touching the tip of the yellow and two blocks have the blue along the edge of the yellow. It appears the blue needs to be rotated so that they also follow the edge of the yellow middle block. Happy quilting!
Mary Henderson