Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Very little sewing

I got up before 7:30. I sewed two patches together, then turned on the router. I fired up my laptop and put on the first tapping interview, on public speaking, which was posted last night. I drank a quart of water while listening. I also looked up how to make starch. The two options were corn starch with water, and vodka. I did not have either one.
All of a sudden, I remembered it was recycle day. I ran to get dressed and to put the items in bags to take them out to the curb. Then I continued to listen and tap along. I listened to the second one as well. I looked up how to read blood test results. And I think I got a few chores done.
When the two interviews were over, I ate some butter, then put on a coat. I had a bag of red fabric from last week. I pulled the big pieces out and cut 3 inch strips from them. Then I put the big pieces in a bag along with some of the fabric Rebecca gave me. I drove to the Tuesday group. My handwork was already in the car. So I pulled it from the back seat and grabbed some fabric that was lying on the floor and went inside. There weren't very many ladies present and the room was shrouded in black fabric. Apparently the church was planning an event, but I could not guess what it was. I sat with Beverly and Anita. We chatted and I did some crocheting, in fact I finished all the pieces I had tied together. We talked about having a sew day to make strip blocks. I put the bag of fabric I had gathered, into the fabric room to replace the scraps I had taken last week. I also stopped by the bathroom. I had to take deep breaths before I went in because of the Lysol smell. I didn't quite make it in one breath.
When I got back, Anita and Rebecca were cutting panels. But soon the group broke up. I went with Beverly to get kimbap. Then we went to several thrift shops. I was looking for a dehydrator, but without luck. Clearly it was not dehydrator day. Finally we went downtown and parked. We spent half an hour walking in a big rectangle. It was a nice day. Then she took me back to my car and I went home.
I started watching The Skinny on Fat while I ate my kimbap with kimchi. So good together. Then I had some chicken, and some cashews. Chris came home with no mail, and no news. I went outside to pick some dandelion, and put it in water to soak.
I took notes as I listened:
All salmon in alaska is wild caught because fish farms are outlawed.
More health problems come from eating damaged oils than from carbs or smoking. Frying damages oils. Omega-3s assist in weight loss if you increase fat and lower carbs. Processed oils are damaged. If you increase omega-3's in your diet (provided they're not damaged and don't contain toxins,) you can improve virtually any major degenerative condition of our time.
I made up an order for Swansons and one for Nuts.com to take advantage of sale prices. When the long episode was over, I started listening to the Menopause summit. Then, amazingly, Michele called, just to talk to me. We had a nice chat over skype. Then I went back to the Menopause Summit. While it played, I made copies of my blood test results so I could write notes all over the originals. I made a small salad with dandelion and sprouts and ate it.
I paused the interview from the Menopause Summit so I could play the just-posted new interview from the Tapping World Summit. It was sometime after 8 when Chris cued up the Netflix DVD. I paused the tapping interview to join him in the living room.
We watched a whole DVD of F-Troop episodes. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* I saw this tiny machine at a thrift shop. It looked like a miniature version of a big machine and I wondered if it was actually a feasible option for sewing away from home. *

No comments: