Saturday, March 17, 2018

Spring is in the air

I got up just after 9. I reassembled the orphan block I had taken apart. Then I swished, and drank a quart of water. I listened to interviews from the Oral Health Summit and read e-mail. I ate two fat bombs, then made and ate breakfast. I wrote a check to the church for an Easter lily and put it in an envelop for tomorrow. I put some of the conifer oil on the itchy spot above my ear. I also put some on the end of a toothpick and traced my gum line with it. I was going to go to a quilting event since today is National Quilting Day, but did not feel up to carrying my machine.
I found more audios to listen to and a video on stippling. I got dressed and went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was such a warm day that I wore shorts. Then I opened all the doors and sat outside with my bare feet in the grass and read a few chapters of my quilting novel. When I came in, I made some pine needle tea.
I put the battery in the mower and tried to run it, but it wouldn't run right. I tried turning the blade around in case it was on wrong, but it did not improve. I decided the battery wasn't charging since the little light would not come on. In case the problem was with the charger, I looked for other cords that might have the same plugin, but none of them fit.
I spent the afternoon working on the MQG challenge. They gave me six orphan blocks and I made two more out of scraps and leftovers. Then I looked at ways of putting them together. 8 unmatched blocks is a bit of a challenge.
It got dark and I got hungry. I moved the pot of onion soup to the floor in front of the fridge. I spooned out a bowlful and put it in the toaster oven. Then I put the pot back in the fridge. I thought about doing laundry, but knew Chris would come home with more on Monday.
I decided to watch episodes of The 4400 on the TV. I cued up Netflix on my laptop and plugged it into the TV. It seemed to work up until the point where the episode started. Then Firefox gave me an undetermined error. I tried several times with no luck. So I tried Edge. It played, but the video did not show on the TV screen. I called Chris. He suggested IE. But the result was the same. So I watched in on the laptop screen, listening to the TV speakers. I snacked on some dates and rested my back on a heating pad. When the second episode was over, I closed the house doors and locked them. Then I sat down to write my blog.

No comments: