Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hello Enterprise

I got up before 7:30. I very gently brushed my teeth. Then I got some coconut oil to swish. My gums felt better but now there were two white spots. I worked on the orphan block quilt for 45 minutes. Then I turned on the router and started e-mail. I took some vitamin C and drank almost a quart of water. Then I swished with salt water. After that, I put a turmeric ice cube in my mouth to cool the gum. Then I drank some hot tea.
At 9:45, I headed to quilting. There was free fabric on the main table. I helped myself to a few pieces of red. Beverly's table was full, but I pulled up a chair and participated in the conversation. After awhile, the ladies started leaving. When it was just her and me left, I pulled out the two fat bombs that I brought and we each ate one. She was a fan.
Then we got in her car and went to the Asian store for kimbap. After that, we parked downtown and walked over 2 miles. We enjoyed seeing the tulips and pansies and dogwoods in bloom. But it did not rain until after we got back to her car. She took me back to my car and I went home. I ate the kimbap with kimchi, then realized I was eating on both sides of my mouth. The infection must be much better. I listened to audios from the Oral Health summit:
Gum disease is communicable, from family and pets. Do not have your teeth cleaned until you know you are infection-free. Dentist should do the check-up first and look at a swab under the microscope before the hygienist cleans. A problem could be fungal, bacterial, or parasitic.
I 'chatted' with a rep on the mower parts website. She said we could take the battery to get it tested, but that it was probably the battery charger. Chris came home from work. He had one piece of mail for me. I took some quilt blocks, a quilt top, and the battery out to the car for later. I listened to an audio on the dangers of wearing a bra. The speaker said there was no funding to do proper studies on not wearing bras, but Chris said if they put out a Go Fund Me request, that every male on the planet would contribute. Then I put on my coat and headed out.
I planned to stop at the auto store the Chris said was by the parkway to get the battery tested. But as I drove to the MQG meeting, there was no auto store by the parkway. So I got to the meeting early. Since I usually get there late and there is no place to sit, I considered it a good thing. However, it was a small turnout tonight. We went through the usual 'sew and tell' and announcements, etc. Then the president did a slide show on bullet journaling. Apparently its a thing now. After the meeting, I paid dues to the vice president since the treasurer resigned due to health problems.
Then I headed home, intending to stop by a different store that might test batteries. But they were closed. So I was home before 8. I told Chris there was no store. He looked it up and said it was on Bob Wallace, not on University. I made a mental note to stop by tomorrow since it will be in the vicinity of the doctor.
We decided to watch Lucifer from the Fox website. And it looked promising, but 5 minutes in, it shut down and said we had to sign in with a TV provider. So instead, we cued up the first episode of the first season of Enterprise. I took a sip of salt water and essential oil water and swished while we watched. I also did head and neck lymph massages. Chris nearly fell asleep. So he went to bed (without making a sandwich!) and I stayed up to blog.
* This is a quilt the other Beverly made. *

No comments: