Saturday, March 10, 2018

All it took was heat

I woke up with a hot flash and went to the bathroom. After that, my nose got stuffy and I could not go back to sleep. Chris got up at 6:30 to take a shower and then drive his car to the dealership to get the oil changed and the tires filled. I got up at 7. I worked on the quilt top from yesterday, auditioning pieces and then sewing them on. I left the backing for tomorrow. I turned on the router and my laptop. But I had forgotten that I left my laptop on so it could update during the night. However, it did not, probably because the router was off. So I let it download updates while I typed these notes to my blog. I thought it would update automatically, but I had to do it manually.
The Skinny on Fat was having a replay weekend. I had heard all the episodes, so I went on to other audios and did lajin. But I had e-mailed the link to Jennifer who hadn't heard them all. She responded asking which ones I recommended. So I went back through my notes and cross-referenced them with the episodes and gave her a list of what I found most interesting. When I did that, I noticed that there were bonus interviews at the end of every episode IF you scrolled down. So I spent the afternoon listening to those. Here are my notes:

The brain surgeon recommends a ketogenic diet for better brain function. It is better than chemo for brain tumors. Blood lipid profile gets better on a high fat diet. A study of 40 diets picked Adkins as the best. High fat/ low carb diet can heal pancreatic cells, which is good news for diabetics.
MTOR is one of the nutrient signaling pathways. Ketogenic fats are best: coconut oil is less ketogenic than mct oil. The doctor takes C8 oil. It is especially good for alzheimers and mild cognitive impairment.
Ancient peoples rubbed conifer oils on their skin and ate them. The oils contain skiadonic acid, which is anti-inflammatory.
You can't have degenerative processes in your spine that haven't already started in your central nervous system. The most important thing about walking is to set your gaze and walk towards it. Walking is the ultimate activity for human beings, better than running. If your head-on-spine relationship is not good, you are going work your whole body in a slightly off way, and over time it will deteriorate you. No animal sleeps on its back. Sleeping on your back promotes mouth breathing which is bad in a number of ways. When we don't move, our dormant genes express themselves and we get chronic diseases. Subcutaneous fat is only mobilized with adrenaline. That requires high intensity exercise.

Chris did taxes and then the laundry. I made and ate breakfast. I rebooted my computer to install the updates. As I listened to the bonus interviews, I stretched every half hour or so. My right leg got very achy. I tried stretching it in a number of ways but that did not help. I tried massaging it with my elbow, and poking it with a pin, all to no avail. Chris got a skype call for a political survey. I was glad he answered because he had better responses than I would have. Then Jennifer called. She'd been in a hit-and-run. She talked and I tapped for her until she got a call from her insurance agent.
I was having heart problems so I ate a banana with hummus and then a little cinnamon. It felt like my heart was skipping a beat every 10 to 15 minutes.
The rain had stopped, so I went for a walk, hoping to ease the ache in my leg. I picked some wild lettuce along the way, and ate some wild violets I found just beyond. When I got home, I picked dandelion in the back yard. I threw the greens in a bowl of water to soak. I put a bag of frozen peas on my leg while I listened to more bonus interviews. The cold did not help. When I finished the interviews, I sat on the bed in the guest room with a heating pad under my legs and another one on top. I read a chapter of a quilting novel. When I got up at 8, my leg was all better. I rinsed the greens and drizzled oil and vinegar on them. I ate while we watched three episodes of Voyager. Then we discussed what time to set the alarm and decided on 7, which is the new 8. I took my evening supplements and typed up my blog post for the day. Then I went to bed, hoping to get a good night's sleep so I wouldn't mind getting up an hour early.
* A bit too bright, yes? *

No comments: