Sunday, March 11, 2018

@#$% time change

Alarm went off at 7. I had to keep mentally prodding my self to get up, and that happened at 7:30. I took a shower and got dressed for church. I turned on the router and sewed two pieces of fabric to make a backing. I checked e-mail for a few minutes and drank some water. Then I grabbed my purse and a bag with a pair of flats inside and went to my car. I drove to church.
I went inside and saw everyone lining up. But I had forgotten my music so I ran back to get it, then took my place at the end of the row of women. We sang through the piece, which was just a hymn, several times so the basses could get their part. When practice was over, Jennifer told me how much she was enjoying the videos from the tapping summit and the fat summit. Cecelia gave me some new fingering charts for flute.
I ran to the restroom to comb my hair, which was still damp. Then I got a bulletin and took my seat. There were a few talks before the sermon from the property committee and the worship committee. Then the service commenced. During the sermon, the pastor said that the answer to the question “When were you saved?” is “ 2000 years ago on a hill near Jerusalem, but I only found out about it a few years ago.”
After the service, I told Susan that I could help set up the altar before church, but she said they do all of that on Saturday. I wondered if the ushers had anything I could be doing between the choir warm-up and the start of the service. Then I went to talk to Jennifer to see how she was doing after yesterday. The conversation turned to the interviews and we conversed long after most people had gone home.
Then I sat in my car and called Chris to meet me at the grocery store. I headed over there and parked. I got a cart and started shopping. He arrived soon after, and brought the list. We shopped. We paid. I went home and changed clothes. He arrived with the groceries.
I peeled the garlic for onion soup. He said the strawberries were going bad, so I washed and ate them with cinnamon. Then I made up some new batches of mix for my breakfasts. I had to do the math to get the mixtures right. That took a lot longer than it should have and my chest hurt. But after I ate my breakfast, I felt much better. I read about conifer oil. Very expensive.
I went for a walk, looking for daffodils in forested spaces. I found young pine trees and wondered what part was responsible for the oil. When I got home, the onion soup was ready. I ate a bowl with cheese on top. I looked up pine. You can chew the needles which are very high in vitamin C. Some species are poisonous.
I ate some kimchi, pickled cauliflower, and a banana. I was listening to an audio on the dangers of EMF. I paused it at 8. We watched two episodes of Voyager. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to write (and order some conifer oil).
* This is a charity quilt that I contributed two blocks for. *

No comments: