Thursday, March 8, 2018

Too many summits

Last night Chris helped me get undressed for bed. Because of the spoon on my wrist, it was easier for him than for me. As I laid in bed, I rewrapped the spoon, more loosely each time. Finally I just took it off and eventually fell asleep.
I got up about 8:30. I sewed a strip to the second block and pinned the other half on. Then I turned on the router and started drinking a quart of water. I listened to the two interviews from the tapping summit. I tapped and did lajin. I went outside to enjoy some sunlight. Then I listened to episode 9 of The Skinny on Fat. I made a mug of hot bone broth, and took some notes:
The three things that heal most patients are reducing inflammation, healing the gut, and becoming a fat burner. You burn visceral fat off through fasting. The doctor recommends bone broth and collagen. Her eating window is from noon to 7. Her favorite fat is avocado oil because it builds collagen in the skin. Fat bombs stabilize blood sugar: favorite oil, almond butter, peanut butter, etc. Berries are best the fruit, esp blueberries.
The number of times your blood sugar rises per day affects chronic disease risk factors and inflammation. Lowering that number is one of the best things you can do for general health and fat loss. Limit glycemic variability. Drinking lemon water with a little ACV in it before a meal helps to lower the blood glucose response. Add cinnamon to food. 2 minutes of strength training before you eat also helps, as well as going for a 15 minute walk after eating. Lutein is good for the blue light damaging effects on the retina. Cold showers change white fat to brown fat. Soaking in a cold pool has many benefits. Heat shock proteins (like from a dry sauna) confer protective benefits as well. Constantly move throughout the day. Staying in one position, be it sitting or standing, is not good.
Pat called to ask if she could come by to pick up the quilt books I had ordered for the guild. I printed an invoice and figured the tax. Amazon did not used to charge tax. Pat came by later and picked them up. I listened to more of the episode, then paused it. I put my machine in the car, wrapped a spoon to my wrist, and went to sewing.
When I got there, I gave Leanne's fabric back to her. I set up my machine and sewed on side I had pinned. Then I realized I had forgotten my bag of scissors, rotary cutter, pins, etc. But the sewing group had a set of supplies in the back, so I borrowed the cutter. I went on to finish the blocks. I promised Christy a pic of the little sewing machine I had seen at the thrift shop.
I packed up and went home. I finished the episode, then went for a run/walk to raise my metabolism. Sadly I did not lose any weight. When I got back, I looked up blood test abbreviations to fill in the gaps while listening to more of The Skinny on Fat. Chris came home from work. I played the bonus episode of the tapping summit. He made his supper. I tapped and played Solitaire. My tapping buddy texted me on Facebook to see if we were meeting. But since the tapping summit was not over, we decided to postpone.
I tried my banner with several background options. None of them impressed me. I went rummaging through my fabric stash for more options. I tried some of them. Then we watched two episodes of Voyager. I was so cold that even under a blanket with Chris I could not get warm. I remarked to him that not eating had reduced but not eliminated my hot flashes and chest pain.
When the episodes were over, Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to post to my blog, shivering. Then I went to bed as well.
* These are the two blocks I made today for the Modern Quilt Guild. *

No comments: