Thursday, March 1, 2018

Rainy spring day

I stayed in bed late, because it was raining and because I fell back asleep and had another dream. I was riding with someone to a quilt retreat. Part of the route included driving on a vertical surface. I closed my eyes and tried not to think of the laws of physics which required that we fall off the road. We made it, but then I discovered that I did not have my sewing gear. Someone offered to drive me back to my car to get it, but I could not face the vertical road again.
When I got up, I was surprised to see that it was almost 10. I had lost valuable hours of listening. Thus there was not time to go to the Thursday group. I turned on the router and sewed a seam while it sorted itself out. Then I turned on my laptop and got a quart of water to drink while listening to the first speaker of Day 3 of the Tapping World Summit. During the second presentation, I did lajin, and mixed up a new batch of vitamins C.
Then I listened to Day 2 of The Skinny on Fat while making breakfast: 55% of Americans have diabetes or is pre-diabetic. Eat whatever you're going to eat in three meals with no snacks. Add fat to every meal - two thumbs. Eliminate grains. Insulin is more important than blood sugar. Fat burns cleaner than sugar. This is hormonal dieting. Cravings go away. Body fat can't come off until the organ fat is burned off. In autophagy, bad cells get broken down for parts. Then the body makes new cells from stem cells.
It lasted long enough for me to finish breakfast and check e-mail. I read a few articles. I did paida while listening to bluegrass music.
The rain had finally stopped. I needed some exercise so I would be able to sleep tonight. I put my keys in one pocket and my phone in the other. I went for a walk around the neighborhood to see the daffodils. There is one street where most of the houses are gone and the two that are left are in disrepair. That is where I saw the daffodils before and they were still there. I took pics and continued my walk. Two houses in the populated part had daffodils in the yard.
Finally I made it home, surprised that Chris had not yet come home from work. I checked the house mail and there was nothing. I went back in and sat down at my laptop. I realized I hadn't finished the tapping meditation. I started listening. Soon Chris arrived, with no mail from the post office either.
When the meditation was over, I worked on the strip triangle project. I had my laptop near the sewing table so I could hear it while I worked. But halfway through the interview, it just stopped. I moved the laptop back to the dining room and plugged it in again. Somehow it had completely run out of battery power in maybe half an hour. And the top was closed, too! All open windows were closed as well as the file for my blog. Thankfully I was able to get my notes back. I got some fabric to audition for the border. I took pics of the options.
Daylight was fading, so I went outside to pick dandelion from the back yard to add to a salad. I also spread the coffee grounds out in the front yard. I made a double-size salad. Then I watched the rest of the episode of the season premiere of X-Files while eating my salad.
I listened to the first interview of Day 4 of the Tapping World Summit. It ended right about 8. So then Chris and I watched two episodes of Voyager. Chris looked up one of the guest stars. He went to bed, but then got back up to make his sandwich for tomorrow. As usual, I stayed up to write to my blog before heading to bed.
* The pic of the daffodils was unimpressive so here is one of the trees. *

No comments: