Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sign of spring

I did not want to get up early, but sleep was no longer an option. It was around 7. I swished while contemplating my next sewing move. I took apart another orphan block and resewed it. It was still an inch too small. I looked for more of the blue paisley but only found rectangles.
I turned on the router and drank water while reading e-mail. Then I quit to take a shower and get dressed for church. My back was still a little sore, so I wore flats instead of my usual heels. My thighs were still burning from the Friday workout, but there was nothing I could do about that.
I listened to a few more minutes of an interview, but had to pause it just as she talked about healing an abscess. I grabbed my purse and headed out. When I got to the traffic light, I realized I did not have my choir folder so I had to turn around and go back.
I was watching the 'miles left' screen on my car as I drove. It started at 63 and ended at 59 when I got to church. Church is more than 4 miles from my home so... I dunno.
I dropped off a bag of combs and washcloths for the outreach program. Then I warmed-up with the choir. Then I got a bulletin and filled out the time and talent survey while waiting for the service to begin. Ron gave a temple talk about the time and talent surveys. Then the service was underway.
After the service, I gave Julie a gift card to buy books for schools in Houston. Then I found Jennifer to ask what she thought of the fat bomb I gave her. She loved it and wanted the recipe. Since I just threw in what I had left, I could not give it to her. We talked so long that everyone left. She promised to send me an article her son wrote about edible plants in the back yard.
I went straight home. I found a package sitting in front of the door. It was painful to reach down and pick it up, but it wasn't heavy. It was a pair of blue-blocking glasses. I ate two fat bombs and changed my clothes. I tried to finish the interview from earlier, but the software was all messed up. Finally I gave up on it, rebooted the laptop, and re-opened the window. But that interview was gone, replaced by the next round.
I made and ate breakfast and a papaya. I kinda chewed on the seeds a little and left the slurry on the teeth I suspected of being infected. When I spit it out later, my teeth felt pretty clean.
I went for a walk, and gathered some fresh pine needles. I washed them and put them in a mug. Then I sat outside and read a book while nestling my barefeet in the grass. After almost an hour, I came in and made a big salad and heated a bowl of onion soup. I listened to one more interview. I made up a batch of spice mix to go with breakfasts.
I put clove oil on a swab and stuck it beside the teeth. It burned my lip, but made mu gum feel numb. I took another packet of vitamin C. I watched two episodes of The 4400 while sitting with a heating pad and wearing the blue-blocking glasses. I tried to use the TV, but the video did not work, again. When the show was over, I closed the doors and turned on the heat. I wrote up my blog post for today. Chris called to say he was leaving first thing in the morning and would be here by early afternoon. I hoped the weather was hospitable. Michele was there, too. We did not talk long. When I finished posting to my blog, I went to bed.

No comments: