Sunday, March 4, 2018

An exercise in frustration

I got up about 7:30. Chris was already up. I sewed two squares together and got on my laptop. I listened to the first interview from the Tapping World Summit. While I was listening, I cut up a jicama for lunch and added a pack of seed crackers. I also looked up fat quarter quilts for ideas and took pics of the screen. When it was over, I took a shower and got dressed for church. I had a little time left, so I started the next interview. While it played, I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I also filled a water bottle for this afternoon.
At 9:10, I left for church. I practiced with the choir. I got a bulletin and used the restroom. I sat in my pew to go over my music. I wrote a check for the offering. Jeanne came by with a hardanger fish she'd made. But it was too small. After she left, Scott came by. He was talking to Don and mentioned fireworks. I love fireworks and soon he invited me to learn how to set them off and be part of his team. Hmm.
We had two temple talks and then the service began. The choir anthem went well. Ceclia played her flute with it and it was beautiful. After the service, I talked to Jennifer and got new music. We discussed the summit. I saw Scott on the way out and he said he'd let me know when the training was. I talked to Paige outside. Then I got in my car and called Chris to meet me at the grocery store. I ate some seed crackers and went on my way.
We shopped together and checked out. Then he took the food and went home. I drove down the street to join Renegades in making quilts for kids. I proudly turned in the top I had just finished. I was all ready to start a fat quarter project but Lynette asked me to make a backing for the quilt top. I selected a long piece of fabric and laid my top over it. I cut it off several inches longer. Then I searched for something to go with it. When I found it, I did some math in my head and cut it into 7 inch strips which I sewed to either side of the length of fabric. But one of the strips was only 6 inches because I cut it wrong.
I took a break to buy a dozen eggs from Tina who raises her own chickens. Then I spread out the backing and put the top on top. It wasn't long enough, nor wide enough. So, I sewed the remaining border pieces together. I found a gold/brown and cut 6inch corner squares from it. But they were too small and I had to re-cut. I sewed that strip on and then I just needed to make it wider. Someone gave me a piece of yellow stripe that was stained. I cut three strips off of the end that was not affected. I sewed down one side just fine,but for the other side I started it upside down. So I had to rip that out and start over. And it was three inches short, so I had to cut another small piece to add to it. Lynette was teasing me and saying we couldn't leave until I finished. Finally I did finish, and I ironed it and folded it and put it inside the quilt top.
I never did sew any fat quarters. People were packing up, so I folded up some tables and ran the vacuum over the whole floor. Then we all left the building. I ate some jicama in my car and went home.
Chris had the chicken out when I got there. I was so hungry I ate it cold. I listened to the rest of the second interview, then started on The Skinny on Fat. Here are my notes:
Dr. Fung : Mental clarity comes with fasting. When you don't eat, the body starts breaking cells down, but then builds them back up again, better than before. Fasting is like spring cleaning for the body. Fasting can be a short as 12 hours – from 7pm to 7am.
Fasting is our most powerful anti-aging intervention. Eating often promotes aging, keeping body in growth mode. The fasting-mimicking diet doesn't trigger the fasting sensing pathways. I think it is called Prolon.
You must fast for 3 to 5 days for tissue regeneration. Fasting can be used as a treatment for a number of chronic diseases.
I paused it at 8pm. We watched two episodes of Voyager. Then I sat down to write my blog. But instead I finished the Skinny on Fat episode and my Solitaire game. THEN I wrote my blog and went to bed.
* This is my quilt top. The backing was just as frustrating as the top, but I didn't take a pic of it. *

No comments: