Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The new doctor in town

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. I thought it might help to sleep in the lounger so my head would be raised, but it didn't. I could keep my nose open by swishing salt water, but I couldn't sleep doing that. Finally I wrung out a wet wash cloth and put it over my face to moisten the air I breathed through my mouth. Sleep was a long time coming.
When I got up, it was 9am. I had already decided not to go to quilting today, just in case I was contagious. So I sewed some black strips to a couple of small green squares. Then I turned on the router to read e-mail. I tried eating kimchi because it usually makes my nose run. And it did, but it did not clear the congestion.
I took a shower. At the end I did five rounds of hot and cold. That didn't budge the congestion either. I got dressed nicely. I ate a fat bomb, then made hotflash spray and mildew spray (because they were on my to-do list). I sprayed it on the shower curtain and left it to do its job. Then I made up a new batch of supplements. I ran out of vitamin E, which surprised me. Its one of the key ones.
Then I drove to the chiropractor. I got there a minute before my appointment time, but then had to wait 30 minutes to be seen. The doctor asked a few questions, then snapped my neck. I was surprised that he didn't use the little bumper thing which he usually does for adjustments. Something about it was scary. He had me sit up and then he explained that two of my vertebrae had been cocked to the right and he had slid them into proper placement. I didn't feel any different and he didn't have a mirror. So I asked him to measure my height again and this time I was 5” 1.5 inches tall – gained a whole half inch since last week. Then I asked me to muscle test me on a bunch of things I had written down. He had his secretary come in and be my surrogate since he thought I ought not to be holding my arms out right now. So he went through the list. Then he said to come back on Thursday and do a nutritional analysis.
I paid at the front desk and left. I went to the bank to deposit the check from Neilsen. But I cashed it instead. Then I went to the Asian store for kimbap. But when I parked, I spied a new store, offering acupuncture and maybe a foot massage? I went in to find out. The lady that came out said no massage right now, but she suggested an ionic foot detox instead. (I'll try almost anything once.) Her husband carried out a tub of warm water and had me put my feet in. Then she put the ionic array in the tub and told me to keep my feet touching it. During the half hour that it ran, she suggested removing the large mole on my face. But at $200, I declined. She talked about their new product – onion juice and all its benefits. But I didn't want that, either. She told me she was 64 and I swear she looked more like 46. I think both she and her husband are doctors of Traditional Chinese Medicine, which includes acupuncture and herbs. Did I mention that they are Korean?
When the ionic array was done, she took a small polaroid of my feet in the water. It showed particulate matter in black and brown and maybe green. The water was orange. She gave me paper towels to wipe my feet, and then little surgical booties. He took the tub away and she brought another machine that I put my feet into for a massage. He put a device across the back of my neck which had loops for my hands to hold it in place. It massaged my neck and shoulders for 15 minutes.
While that was going on, a lady came in to have a reading from the quantum resonance magnetic imager. It sounded quite interesting. When the massage was over, I went next door to get kimbap and then to the car to get my clipboard with the list of supplements. When I re-entered the store, the lady customer was gone. So it was my turn. The doctor told me to take off my watch and metal hair barrettes. Then she handed me a cylinder attached to a machine. I had to hold it against my heart for about a minute. On the screen I could see it going through the major organ systems. When it was over, I handed back the cylinder and he explained the results on the screen. Most of my results in the normal or close-to-normal range. He said my vit C, B-3, zinc and iron were low. He recommended foods to bring them up. There was a low heart volume on the left side. ??? He looked at my list of supplements and said I didn't need them, although he agreed with some of the powders I put in my breakfast. He said supplements make the body lazy. He also said I was borderline fat and should exercise at least 45 minutes a day. He said not to take melatonin, but to soak my feet in hot water with a cold compress on my head in order to get to sleep at night.
I paid, and took my kimbap home to eat with kimchi. I wrote an e-mail to Jennifer because I thought she might want to try it too. I read e-mail for a bit, then decided to go for a walk. I headed out, not sure exactly what route I was going to take, but it did take me 45 minutes. Chris was home when I got back. I ate some dried mango and bananas since the dr recommended dried fruit for iron.
I was feeling tired so I sat in the lounger and read a book. I got drowsy but did not fall asleep. So I got up and checked the time. It was 8. So Chris and I watched two episodes of Enterprise. He went to bed. He suggested that I take some Nyquil. I might have if it had been just a decongestant, but it had other stuff in it as well. So I stayed up to blog. And, if I have the energy, to put hot water in a foot tub and get a cold compress for my forehead.
* I so wish I hadn't left my phone at home, so I could post pics of the foot bath. This is just a random pic of blossoming trees. *

No comments: