Wednesday, March 21, 2018

My kind of doctor

I got up before 7:30. I considered the next step for the orphan block quilt while I swished. I sewed some triangles to a block and then the whole thing to the center. Then I turned on the router. I took some charcoal and read e-mail. Then I had a packet of vitamin C and some niacin. When the flush kicked in, I did my exercises. I made coffee and listened to two of Oprah's current meditation series. I also did some tapping.
Later I sprayed the bathrooms and kitchen with hydrogen peroxide and wiped them down. I used the broom and the vacuum to clean the floors. I emptied the dishwasher and restacked it. I mixed some colostrum with a fat bomb and ate that. Then I made and ate breakfast. I took a shower and dressed nicely. I updated my list of supplements. I clipped it to my board along with my blood test results.
I got in the car and drove down Bob Wallace toward the Dr's office. I spied an Advance Auto Parts store and stopped in to have the mower battery checked. But the lady had trouble getting a good connection. So I had to leave it there while I continued to my appointment. Luckily I had examined a street map and knew exactly how to get there.
I arrived a minute late but had to wait while the doctor chatted with his last patient. After the man left, the doctor started telling me how wonderful his coffee carafe was – no plastic, all stainless steel, etc. Finally I asked if I needed to sign in. The receptionist gave me a stack of forms to fill out. I wondered why she hadn't given them to me earlier. I had to answer lots of health questions for myself and a few for my parents. Then the doctor took me in a room with a desk. He explained that his practice was 92 percent women and that sometimes delicate subjects came up and he would recommend a woman doctor if I wanted. I didn't think it would be a problem. I told him about my infected gum and he gave me the name and number of his dentist.
Then we went into an exam room. He weighed me and measured my height and blood pressure and reflexes. He asked questions about my history. He muscled-tested me on a range of spots. He knew which ones hurt before I did. He said I had arthritis in my neck. He found evidence of a pinched nerve there, too, and my neck did not have the range of motion that he thought was normal. I told him I did tapping and he said that was what got me this far.
So he did some adjustments on my neck, shoulders and head. He also adjusted my ribs and then I could breathe better. Breathing felt so good, that I kept doing it. I got lightheaded. He said I was tired and should lie down. He put me in a darkened room for 20 minutes with soft music. He came back, gave me a hug and took me to the front desk Then he had another patient, and I paid the receptionist and booked another appointment for tomorrow to see if the adjustments held. I told her it was the first doctor visit where I actually felt better when I left the office.
I drove a circuitous route back to Advance Auto. The lady who had helped me had gone home for the day. It was after 5. Another lady said the readout on my battery indicated that it was fine but not charged. She said I could come back tomorrow afternoon with the charger and the first lady would help me charge it.
Then I went home. It was after six. I wanted to remain relaxed so as not to undo the adjustments. So instead of grabbing a quick bite and rushing to the church service., I made a salad and ate it. Then had a turkey burger. After my relaxing meal, I drove to church. I set an intention to arrive at the perfect time. And I did. I walked in just in time for the last hymn.
After the final words, I walked over to Jennifer. She gave me tiny vial that she thought I could use. I told her briefly about my visit to the doctor she recommended. She was very pleased. Then I had to go outside and get my choir folder which I had left in the car. Tamara was getting in her van and we spoke briefly. Then I got my folder and went back inside. Practice was starting. We sang and sang and when it got to be 8:30, I picked up my coat and left.
I drove home down Airport Road so as to see the city lights from the hill. I got through the gate before it closed at 9. Chris was on his laptop, but he got off and cued up Enterprise for me. I took my evening supplements and made kava tea. I also heated my rice-filled sock to put around my neck. I hoped the adjustments were still holding.
We watched two episodes. Then Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and drink the tea. I wrote what I could remember from the doctor appointment, but am afraid I left a few things out that will only occur to me when I am lying in bed trying to sleep. I think my vision has improved. Last night I could not type with these blue-blocking glasses on, but tonight it is no problem.
* This was Sherry's sew-n-tell project last night. *

No comments: