Thursday, March 15, 2018

Labeling books

I got up at 9:40. I was frustrated at how late it was. I sewed patches, then fired up the router and the desktop. I downloaded a label template, then started typing in book information. But I could not remember how I had done it last time. So I called Pat and she said all it needed was the author and title. Well, the label was larger than needed for that. There was another sheet of smaller labels in the bag with the books. I searched for a template to fit them and downloaded that. Then I typed in the info, printed it on the labels, and attached it to the books. Then I pulled up the book sheet and tried to modify it to include the latest additions. The table needed more rows and it was not simple to get the software to do that. I don't know why. Anyway, I persisted and eventually it did what I wanted. I printed it out and added that to the bookbag.
I listened to an audio from the Oral Health Summit. It was about mercury poisoning from fillings. It was so technical that I did not get much out of it. I wrote a check to the radiology people and put it in the mail. I ate a fat bomb and then breakfast.
I headed out to quilting. But driving through the gate, I realized I had forgotten Pat's books. So I turned left, went in gate 10 and back home. I picked up the bookbag, lying just where I left it, and resumed my trip. Instead of going straight there, I stopped at the bank to cash the check for the books. I also got a new password for the ATM.
When I finally got to quilting, it was almost 1. Pat had just left to pick up lunch. I showed Leanne the quilt tops I had made from the squares the group had given me. When Pat got back, I gave her the books. She was happy with the labels. We all discussed the upcoming Quilting Day at Epworth on Saturday. Then I worked on my teacup until 2. Leanne worked on a bag for a family member. She put a lot of work into it. She also invited me to see A Wrinkle in Time with her tomorrow. Christy had to leave so we all packed up. I went home.
It was sunny so I went for a walk. It was almost 45 minutes long. I was surprised to return and not see Chris. It was so nice outside that I sat on a bench with my bare feet in the grass. I read a few chapters of a quilting novel while getting grounded.
I ate some fish and a banana. I started the second meditation from the MeditationFest. I paused it when Chris came home from work. We chatted, then I resumed it. I was so relaxed after the meditation that I laid down and took a nap. When I got up, it was almost 7. There was no time to make a salad for supper. So I grabbed a piece of cheese and sat in front of my laptop. In a few minutes, my tapping buddy called.
I spent almost two hours with her. It went well and I promised to tap for one of her issues surrogately. I took my evening supplements. Then Chris and I watched two episodes of Voyager. Chris packed for his trip and went to bed.
* Her bag is going to be beautiful. *

No comments: