Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Still congested

I did not spend much effort trying to breathe through my nose last night. I put a cold wet washcloth over my face and warm socks on my feet. I did not to go sleep right away, but the time was shorter than the last few nights. However, I woke up at 3am with a raging sore throat due to the fact that the washcloth fell off and the dry air burned my throat. I got up and drank some water but it was hard to swallow. I swished with salt water and went back to bed. I stuff the wet cloth in my mouth and held it there. Eventually I went back to sleep.
I woke up at 7:30. My nose was a little clearer, but by this time I was used to breathing through my mouth. I brushed and rinsed. I sewed a black strip to two small squares. I turned on the router. I could not get to my e-mail on the laptop, so I tried the desktop. But it was in Ubuntu. I restarted it and selected Windows from the menu. But it wanted to do a disk check. That took a while, and when I came back, it was in Ubuntu again. So I restarted it. I hung around until I thought it was on its way to Windows and downloading updates. I heated water for coffee and did my exercises when the niacin flush kicked in. When I went back to the desktop, it was in Ubuntu, again. This time I stayed with it until Windows came up. Then I discovered that Yahoo was down and so not available on any computer. Sigh. I completed my coffee morning with meditations from Oprah. I ran them through the speakers I bought for my laptop so I could hear it from other rooms. I also had healing music going on the desktop. I cleaned the kitchen. I looked for kefir recipes online and stumbled upon something disturbing. I quickly exited out, but not before the image was in my mind. Uggh. I was on my own, so I just blended up some kefir grains with goat milk and left it at that. Tasty. I cleaned the bathrooms, and then mopped the floors near the kitchen. I mopped myself into a corner, so I read e-mail (Yahoo was back up) while the floors dried. I had opened the doors earlier and turned off the heat because the weather was nice. Not sunny, but temperate. Around 3 I went for a walk. I chose the uphill route, but that meant coming downhill on the return. So was it really any extra exercise?
When I got back, I checked the mail. I made some bone broth and sipped it while working on e-mail. I emptied the mop water and put it and the mop away. I opened the bill from Radiology and saw that they want another check. I listened to an audio on clutter. She said CHAOS stands for Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. Her talk was about small daily habits that keep the house clean and the errands done. Chris came home from work and made his supper.
I took a shower. It turned out to be a really long one because I scrubbed the mildew off the shower liner while I was in there. I also did a couple turns of hot and cold. Then I got dressed. I picked up the book Cecelia gave me about the Moravian trombone choir. I was reading it when William called to see if Chris had any job offers. Nope.
Then I drove to choir practice. The weather was nice so I did not need a coat. I took one anyway in case it was cold later. Doris met me in the parking lot and said the church was locked. So I unlocked the door and we went in. Jennifer was already there so ...???
Anyway, other people came and she had us sit where we will be sitting for Good Friday service. Doris passed around a card for everyone to sign for a member whose mother died. Then we practiced for Thursday and Friday and Sunday. We sang our anthem up front. Then we practiced Jesus Remember Me while standing in the aisles. We had to memorize it because the lights will be low or off. I did not sing well because of the congestion and because my left ear drum was opening and closing all the time.
After practice, Jennifer and I talked about going to get an ionic foot bath together. She mentioned a couple places I should check out for massages. Then we locked the church and went home.
Chris was on his laptop, but cued up Enterprise while I made some peppermint tea. I drank it as we watched one episode. Then he made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* I spied this wisteria on my walk. *

No comments: