Saturday, March 31, 2018

Pickled Hairing

I got up at 8:30. I cut some squares and looked for other fabrics that would work well as leaded glass. Chris already had the router on. So as soon as I sewed two squares on a black strip, I sat down to read e-mail. I made a mug of hot bone broth with turmeric. I listened to a podcast on EMF. I came across a recipe for hair care, so I mixed up some coconut oil, castor oil and geranium oil. It called for jojoba but I substituted the castor oil. I massaged the mixture through my hair and put on a shower cap. Then I blasted it with a hair dryer to warm it up. I let it sit on my head for more than the suggested 30 minutes. I made breakfast. I listened to some short audios as I ate. Then I took a shower to wash out the oil mixture. I washed at least 4 times and maybe more, but with no luck. My conclusion – don't use castor oil on your hair.
I combed it, then went for a walk. I was checking the old homestead sites for flowers. I found a tulip blooming, and signs of other things that will bloom later. I took a flowering twig from a tree. I brought it home and put it in a spice jar to see how long the flowers lasted. I checked e-mail. I ate the last of the fish and some dates. Chris took a shower while I gathered the glass and cardboard recycling. I put it in my trunk. On the way to the recycling center, I went to a crystal shop that Jennifer recommended. I had a nice discussion of special stones with the staff. The main man gave me a white crystal for opening my palm lines, or something like that. I had my aura photographed. It came with a chakra report. For the reading, I had to put my hand on a metal plate. Then my picture came up on the screen, with colors around me. They were changing. She said they changed according to my thoughts, but it did not seem that way to me. I picked up some of the stones and crystals to see of any of them changed the colors. She said they made my aura larger, but it did not seem so to me. But, it was worth the entertainment value. I bought some stones, including shungite which is supposed to protect from EMFs, and took some pictures. Then I took the glass and card board to recycling and dropped it off in the proper receptacles.
When I got home, I looked up how to get castor oil out of hair. The recommendation was to soak it in vinegar and wash it out. So I diluted vinegar in a spray bottle and sprayed it liberally over my hair. I put a shower cap over it to let it soak. I made a large salad and ate it. I meditated with Oprah and Deepak. I played Solitaire until Chris was ready to watch TV.
We watched three episodes of Enterprise. Chris put clean sheets on the bed. I stayed up to blog and to wash vinegar out of my hair.
* At the rock shop *

No comments: