Sunday, July 1, 2018

Baby shower

I wore earplugs and put the cold sock of rice around my neck to go to bed last night. I thought it would lower my body temperature and help me sleep. And it may have. That and the earplugs. When I woke up, I realized that I could not hear my phone alarm. Chris got up first and checked the time. Soon after that, my alarm went off. I got up and swished while I sewed one long row strip. Then I mixed some xylitol in my toothpaste and prepared lemon water. I emptied all the lemon cubes into a freezer bag and poured more lemon puree into the trays to freeze. Then I sat down to read e-mail.
At 9 I washed up and got dressed for church. I put a cutting mat and rulers in the fruit bag. I also found a gift bag to put the quilt in for the baby shower. Everything went in the car and I drove to church.
The service went well. We had a substitute organist and she played much faster. After the service I told a few people that Chris has an interview on Tuesday for a job here at the arsenal. They promised to say a prayer. I went to the car to get the baby gift. I talked to Cecelia while in line to get food. I chose some grapes and some salad. Elaine sat by me and we had a nice talk. She told me about her naturopath and all the things the doctor found wrong with her. Then several people left to attend a Sunday School meeting. Elaine and I went to the baby shower. Shannon's son was helping her open gifts. She was saying his favorite colors were pink and purple. So the quilt I made for the baby was right down his alley. I had forgotten to label it, but they figured out who it was from.
From the church, I went to a different church, where the Renegades were having lunch. I had some chicken and bean salad and watermelon. The order of the day was labeling quilts for Linus. Someone had brought in stacks of quilts and afghans. I was given a set of crocheted afghans to handsew labels on. That was kind of tricky. Then I was given bags of donated fabric to sort. There was a lot of non-quilting fabric in there, especially tricot. Then I helped Lynette pack fabric scraps by size for cutting. Someone else ran the sweeper while we put up tables and carried bags of fabric to Lynette's car.
On the way home, I had to stop at the guard shack to show my ID. The guard thought I was following Chris, who must have just gone through. He remarked on my ID expiration date. When I got to the house, Chris had already taken the food in and put it away. I made breakfast, and read e-mail. I watered the plants. I checked out a link that Elaine sent me. Then I went for a walk. I found another berry patch and helped myself to a few.
When I got back, I made a big salad, though not as big as usual since I had only a bit of greens left. Chris thought there was lots left so he did not buy any at the store. I listened to a podcast until Chris heard something on it that he didn't agree with. We had a big discussion. Finally I decided to choose another interview from The Toxic Home Transformation to listen to. He found something wrong with that one, too.
When Chris was ready, we watched the last two episodes of McHale's Navy on the DVD, then one episode of Death in Paradise. All the while I had a bag of frozen peas with me: on my ankle, or my head or my left arm. Then it was time to blog and go to bed. I might try the cold sock of rice again.

No comments: