Saturday, July 7, 2018

Almost done

I got up at 8. I sewed logs onto the 9 of the cabins. I scraped out anything that might be under my fingernail. I soaked it in salt water as I read e-mail and listened to a podcast. Then I made and ate breakfast. I sliced up five cloves of pickled garlic and doused them with oil before eating them. I put my sewing gear in the trunk and realized the plants needed watering. So I watered front and back, then headed out.
I went to the monthly Sew Day for the modern quilt guild. Everyone was working on their own thing, so I worked on the quilt-as-you-go project. I got all the blocks joined into one and started the binding. I wanted to finish, but by then the library we were meeting in was closing in 15 minutes. So I packed up and went home.
When I got home, Chris was at chapel. I drank some water and read e-mail. The dryer dinged, and I took out the dry clothes inside and put in wet sheets. Chris came home slightly wet because it had started raining. I made and ate a salad while watching Ricky Tims make a kaleidoscope quilt. Then I had some pulled pork.
I joined the ends of the binding on the quilt-as-you-go project. I worked on the black and white log cabins, adding the last log and trimming and pressing them all. I arranged them on the sewing table to see how they'd look as a mondo bag.
When Chris was ready, we watched two episodes of Death in Paradise. We put clean sheets on the bed. Then we both retired to our laptops before going to bed.

No comments: