Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Fourth of July

I did not take a shower last night, but I did drink half of the packet of jujube juice which is supposed to aid in sleep.
I got up around 8. Chris took a shower and left for the movies. I was surprised they started so early, but maybe it is a special schedule for the holiday. For my sewing requirement, I sewed the tulle into a bag. Chris had left the router on so I did not need to do that. I put on some meditation music. I mixed a capsule of charcoal and flax meal to make a paste. I smeared it on the back of my left ankle, just as the doctor had said. I put a band-aid over it, but the area was bigger than that. So I taped a sheet of paper towel over it, but the tape would not stick.
I heated water, and made coffee. I dry-brushed and swished, followed by some tongue-scraping. I finished drinking a quart of lemon water. I took niacin and niacinamide. I read e-mail until the niacin flush hit, then I did my exercises. I brushed dirt off of the shower curtain. Then I meditated and tapped. I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I had some hot water left, so I steeped a tea bag in it to add to my kombucha. I mopped the kitchen floor. I put away the fruit and vegetable fabrics. I lined up some black and white fabrics from light to dark in prep for my next project.
I mowed the lawn, stopping for a drink when I felt a headache coming on. Then I finished mowing and parked the mower. I cleaned out the vacuum filter. Then, as I vacuumed the living room, Chris came home from the movies. He liked Jurassic World and thought the first Incredibles movie was better. We moved the coffee table so I could sweep under it. Then I mopped the living room and sewing area, and jotted notes for my blog while drinking electrolyte water to recover from sweating outside. He watered the plants out front for me.
I checked e-mail and watched an episode of The Quilt Show. I watered the plants out back. I went along the shared fence line and pulled up grass that was growing between the privacy boards. I trimmed regular grass that was too close to the fence to get caught by the lawn mower. The neighbor's dog came to check me out, but did not bark or anything. The sky looked like rain. When I came in, I realized I was tracking grass clippings all over my newly cleaned floor. I swept my legs off with the hand broom and used the dustpan to collect it and dump it.
I read e-mail and played solitaire until Chris finished whatever Netflix movie he was watching on his laptop. Then we watched two episodes of Death in Paradise on the TV. Chris paused the first one so I could go outside and watch fireworks at a distance. When I cam in, he was asleep on the couch. I woke him up and we continued to watch. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to blog and drink the last of the jujube juice.
* This is a quilt top that Lauri showed off on Monday. *

No comments: