Saturday, July 21, 2018

Auditioning borders

I watched a video of a sunset last night before I went to bed. It was about an hour long so I jumped ahead minute by minute to catch the effect but in a shorter period of time. Then I went to bed and laid my head on the Chillow to keep the night sweats away.
I got up about 9. Chris was already up and on his laptop. I did a couple of forward head rolls and realized that that was what made my triceps sore. I brushed and swished. I put my Chillow in the fridge. I sewed a strip to the block and pinned one for tomorrow. I took the seams out of two unattached sleeves, sewed them together back to back, and stuffed it with strings of fabric and thread.
Then I read e-mail. I searched both the laptop and the desktop computers for sleep hypnosis tracks. For some reason the search engine wasn't giving me what I wanted and I had to search manually. I listened to one and it was not exactly what I needed. Jennifer called and invited me to lunch tomorrow. Was it a coincidence that she wants me to help her alter a skirt? I ate dates and figs with coconut flakes and then with cinnamon. While listening to a podcast, I made and ate breakfast. After hearing a podcast on the wonders of vitamin C, I mixed some powdered vitamin C with coconut oil and put it on my ear. It was very grainy and scratchy. So I licked my finger to dissolve the grains with saliva. That made it burn. Another good theory shot to pieces.
The sun was out, so I put on my bathing suit and got a towel. I laid out in the sun for half an hour or so, turning from side to side.
I prepared leaf shapes for the church banner. I cut some strips to audition for borders. I needed inspiration so I searched for panel quilt pics online. I did not see any like mine, but I saved a few photos for later. I made a biiiiig salad to use up the rest of the salad greens. I went back to working on the borders again. I tried it with only the seafoam green fabrics, and again with only the yellow/green fabrics. It was hard to say which was better.
I checked e-mail and jotted notes for my blog until Chris was ready. Then we watched two episodes of Continuum. I rubbed ozone cream into my gums and posted to my blog. I plan to watch part of an AMSR video to see if it helps me sleep.

No comments: