Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The dyeing continues

I woke up at 7. I swished while selecting and sewing on two strips to the new block-in-progress. I pinned some strips for tomorrow. I scraped my tongue and brushed and swished again. Xylitol makes for a very tasty swish. I heated water for coffee. I tried to simmer it, but the flame went out when I wasn't looking. The thought that I might be breathing gas bothered me.
I took niacin and drybrushed. By the time it took hold I was ready to exercise. I forgot just how much worse the niacin flush makes the itch behind my ear. Arrrgh! I worked on copying my notes on counting the offering into a text file so it is easier to read.
I turned on the router to put on some meditation music. But the laptop could not find the signal. It found every other signal nearby. It kept trying to connect to hotels we have stayed at in the past. I restarted the laptop but that didn't help. So I restarted the router and eventually it connected.
I cut off a piece of aloe and put it on my ear to help with the itch. I pulled out the really big pot and put it on the stove. I put water and washing soda in. I threw in some white fabric, much like I used last time. There was little change in the water. But when I added a 9” wide strip of white fabric from a bolt, the water turned yellow. Uggh. I left it to simmer.
I tapped and meditated while listening to the music. When the caffeine hit, I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I washed the dishes I use every day, and cleaned the coffee table. I checked on the fabric and stirred it. I dressed in my bathing suit. I put the battery back in the lawnmower. I mowed from the back towards the front so I was hitting the driest grass first. Covered in sweat, I hopped into a cold shower and rinsed the suit. In a minute, the cold disappeared and the hot water came through. I finished my shower and hung up the bathing suit to dry. I did a couple of forward head rolls on the bed. They made me a little dizzy, but it passed pretty quickly.
I opened the Amazon box to find the carbon monoxide monitor. I read the instructions and put in the battery. I placed it on the divider to be kind of near the stove. I was disappointed because I thought it would have a numerical readout. Also in the box was a chill pillow. I filled the chill pillow with water and put it in the refrigerator to get cold for later.
I listened to interview with a man who had a paralyzed vocal cord: Daniel Benor. I made some tea to feed my ferments. I also made a batch of seed crackers. Then I rescued the pieces of white fabric from their boiling bath. I rinsed them well, and scrunched them up. I put them in dye bags. I massaged them to get the dye through all layers. Some bags had so little dye left that I combined them with another of a similar shade.
I spilled some soaking sprouts. Hence, I mopped up the water and cleaned the floor. searched for sewing fabric for Beverly, and found it in a different colorway. Chris came home, said plants out front needed water, so I watered them.
I made up a bottle of spice mix for breakfasts. Then I took a walk and it was almost 50 minutes long. I saw small rabbits in the woods and some mistletoe growing in the trees.
I listened to some tapping podcasts, and made mug of hot bone broth I checked the house mail – nothing. I finished my podcast, and we watched two episodes of Continuum. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and then use my new chill pillow.
* This is my tub of dye bags and some balls of dyed fabric. *

No comments: