Monday, July 2, 2018

Finally a full set

I took a cold shower last night to lower my body temp, but by the time I dried off, I was feeling no cooler. I laid in bed for awhile, then got up and grabbed the rice sock from the freezer. I did some tapping and went to sleep.
I awoke just before Chris left for work. I stayed in bed to do some mental programming. I got up just after my alarm went off. I drank a cup of water, then did the spit test for candida: I spit in a glass of water. It is supposed to stay in a glob. If it sinks, or develops strands, or cloudy specs appear, then it is probably positive for candida. I finished the long seam I started yesterday, joining rows 2 and 3. I turned on the router. I sliced up an apple, putting the slices on a cookie sheet and wrapping it in tulle. Then I set it in the backyard to see if the pieces would dehydrate.
Then I checked the spit. It had disappeared. I spit again, and watched it float slowly over to the side of the glass and disperse. I did not know what that result meant. I put on a podcast and cut up a ginger root to boil. I remembered reading that gas stoves emit formaldehyde, CO and NO2. The biggest offender is the CO (carbon monoxide), so one should cook on the back burner and use the vent hood. So I put the teapot on the back burner and turned on the fan, but then I could not hear the podcast. So I turned off the stove fan and turned on the ceiling fan.
I got out my supplements and prepared two weeks worth. Then I made and ate breakfast while reading e-mail and listening to another podcast. I packed up the quilt-as-you-go project and put my sewing gear in the trunk. I drove to quilting, arriving as the ladies were having lunch. There was an empty spot by the iron and I set up there. I talked to several people that I hadn't seen in a while, then settled down to work on the 12th blue block. When I finished it, I pulled out the rows of quilted blocks. I joined row 1 to the set of 2 and 3. Laurie said something about it not having rained in four days. In less that 5 minutes, the skies opened and water poured forth. Cheryl drove up and waited in her car for the rain to stop. But it was still raining when she came in. I sewed some sashing strips to the lower end of row 3. Then the rain mostly quit. So I packed up and went home.
Chris wasn't home yet. I checked the mail and brought it in. I continued the last podcast. I checked on the apple slices. They looked like they had been somewhat dehydrated before getting soaked. I searched for the iron caddy instructions and when I found them, put them aside for tomorrow. Then I searched for some green fabric to match the picture I took with Susan. I did not have an exact match, but I pulled a few contenders.
Chris came home from work with a package from Swansons. I opened it and put the contents away. I sewed a button on his jeans. He made barbecue sauce for tomorrow. I jotted notes for my blog. Pat sent me changes for the librarian's annual report and I entered them and saved the files. Then I made and ate salad. I decided to go for a walk. It went a little longer than half an hour. When I got back, there was a package by the door. But it had our neighbors name on it, so I took it next door. No one answered the bell, so I left it by their door.
When Chris was ready, we watched several episodes of Death in Paradise, starting season 4. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and look online for carbon monoxide sensors.

No comments: