Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Busy day at home

I got up at 7:29, just before my alarm went off. I got dressed and went for a walk around the circle to reset my circadian rhythm. On my return, I watered the plants. I sewed strips to the block in progress. I worked on Jennifer's skirt a little bit.
I brushed and swished, drybrushed, and exercised. I had some vit C and aloe left so I rubbed it on my scalp. I made coffee, meditated and tapped. I put the jar of milk kefir in a bag to protect it from gnats, but they clustered on the bag anyway. Later I put it in a second bag and that seemed to work. I washed hosiery and hung them in the bathroom to dry with a box fan going. I washed dishes, cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, and vacuumed the bedroom.
I listened to an interview:
Glaucoma is Alzheimers of the eye and Alzheimers is glaucoma of the brain. Alzheimers is less than 2% genetic, often lowers the immune system and allows infections, and inflammation. Beta amyloid plaque is the body's attempt to protect itself so don't take medication to reduce it.
I laid out in the sun, but the sun went behind a cloud. I watered the plants again. I soaked the balls of dyed fabric in Synthrapol. I washed the bathroom rugs and two panels. I made a trap for the gnats, but it didn't catch any.
I opened a pouch of onion juice and poured it in a cup. I drank over half. I found an empty eye dropper bottle and used the eye dropper to put onion juice on the part of my scalp that so recently itched. I put on another interview and laid on the couch so I could listen as the juice dried. Later, I took a shower and washed it all out. I watched an ASMR video with spirograph and from there found myself watching roller coaster videos and wishing I had a heart rate monitor.
Chris texted that his interview in Mississippi went well and he was on his way home. He must have really wanted that interview to drive so far to get to it.
I rinsed the Synthrapol out and ironed the dyed fabric dry while listening to an interview. I had turned off the AC because a) it made too much noise, and b) the inside temp was up to 84 and not going down. I folded the dyed fabrics and lined them up for a photo. I sat and listened to more of the interview. I took a break to checked the house mail. It was nice outside so I opened the doors to get some air flow before the sun set and the bugs came out (a problem because there are holes in the screens.)
I listened to more of the interview with Dr. Jeffrey Thompson. It was so interesting that I needed breaks to digest it all:
Stress is the cause of disease. Retrain your brain for homeostasis using the power of sound. Everything is connected in time and space. The universe needs consciousness in order to exist. If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, then there is no tree and no forest.
I cut up all but one lemon to made lemon cubes. I squeezed the last lemon to get the juice I needed for hummus. Then I cut it up, too. I blended all the pieces in two batches. When I pulled the ice cube trays from the fridge, I found a whole tray of lemon cubes. Sigh. I put them in a bag and poured a new set of lemon cubes. Then I used the blender to make hummus. Chris came home while I was blending chick peas. I was encouraging it with a wooden spoon. I guess I encouraged it a little too deeply because the next thing I knew, I was holding a wooden handle and there was hummus everywhere: floor, cabinet, toaster oven, bread machine, divider, stove, my face, microwave, range hood, etc. As I cleaned it up, I had to ask myself if licking fingers was allowed on a fast.
By the time it was all cleaned up, Chris was ready to watch TV. We saw one episode of Continuum. Then he made his sandwich with the last two pieces of bread and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and finish (although it's pretty long) the last interview.
* Hand-dyed fabrics. I had hoped the color would be darker. *

No comments: