Tuesday, July 3, 2018

That's a lot of garlic

I took a short cold shower again last night and went to bed with the cold sock of rice.
I woke up before Chris left, and went back to sleep. I got up soon after my alarm went off. Chris had put pork in the oven to slowroast. I turned on all the fans and opened the doors in case there was CO buildup. But the windows would not open. Then I hunted for something to hold up a tomato plant and only found an old mop handle. So I pushed that into the pot and tied the tomato to it.
I drank lemon water while I used up the last of the grey strips on the blocks in row 4. I turned on the router and read e-mail while swishing. I rinsed my fourth batch of sprouts. They seem to be doing well, although 3 batches is usually the best I can do. The dentist called to say they were sending my x-rays encrypted with a file explaining how to decrypt them. She also wanted to know if I wanted to keep my next cleaning appointment.
I read that too much exposure to blue light damages cells in the retina. This is a concern for users of smart phones and computer screens and flat-screen TV's. I sucked on a packet of vitamin C while reading e-mail. I called the dentist to report that the file had not shown up. Apparently they mis-spelled my e-mail address. Then I got dressed and closed the doors and turned the AC on.
I packed my sewing gear and went to quilting. I finished row 4 and most of row 5. Anita cut me some binding and I got more strips from Beverly. I showed off the iron caddy and the instructions. There seemed to be a lot of interest in having a class on it.
From there, I went to the Asian store for kimbap. Then I visited the Korean doctors in the same shopping center. I called the number for her student loan and the recording said it was approved. He slipped me a packet of jujube juice that they had just made, with a shushing motion like I shouldn't show his wife. And then she gave me a package of dried jujubes with the same motion, like I shouldn't show him. She also gave me some argan oil for my itchy ear. Then she took my hand and led me to the Asian market to get a certain brand of pickled garlic. She said to eat 10 cloves each morning and 10 at night. Between the garlic and the argon oil, the itch should disappear. Then I had to go home to refrigerate the garlic.
When I got home, I watered the plants, and ate kimbap with kimchi. There was no time for breakfast. Then I drove to the church. I pulled the offering out of the safe and arranged the checks in order by envelop number. I made a list of checks. I entered the info on the computer. It all added up. I printed out reports and their copies. I distributed the copies, then put the money in the bank bag and drove to the bank.
After the lady processed it, I stapled the receipts to the tickets and brought the deposit receipts back to the church. I could not get the safe open, so I had to slide the bag into the slit on top. Then I went to the farmer's market. I bought tomatoes, cucumbers, beef tongue and three kinds of liver, placing all of it in my new fruit and veggie bag. No one seemed to notice what nice bag I had.
When I got home, I put the frozen meat in the freezer. Chris pulled the roasted pork from the oven. I put some on a small plate and ate it while checking e-mail. I got the encrypted file from the dentist. I opened it to make sure the password worked. I ate 10 pickled garlic cloves, like the doctor said. I needed hummus and oil to get them down.
Then I rescued my apple slices from a cookie sheet in the back yard. They looked crispy, but were chewy and delicious. I mowed the back lawn, or as much as I could. The grass was so high that it drained the battery. I pulled out the battery to recharge and will have to finish it tomorrow. I ate tomatoes and a tiny cucumber and the rest of the blackberries.
We watched two episodes of Death in Paradise while I drank ginger water. Then we had a long talk about me listening to conspiracy theorists. Finally he went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* These are apple slices, not the pickled garlic. *

No comments: