Friday, July 20, 2018

Taking care of a recall issue

I got up about 8:15, hearing my phone ringing. I had already been somewhat awake doing mental programming. When I checked the phone, it showed a missed call from a number I don't recognize. I did two forward head rolls. I put the Chillow back in the fridge. I drank a cup of water, then brushed my teeth. I swished the toothpaste in my mouth while I checked my messages and there was a long one about getting cash quickly. I deleted it. Then I sewed a strip onto the block in progress. I searched the sewing area for the barn block instructions but could not find it. I turned on the router and my laptop. I checked e-mail, looking for something to play while I auditioned borders.
I got distracted reading e-mail, I got dressed and moved the tomato plants. Since they are now sitting in the grass, I have to move them every day to avoid killing the grass.
I drove to the dealership. On the way, I was behind someone having trouble driving stick and I missed my turn so I had to turn around just before Joanns and come back. Hence I was a few minutes late. I went inside the bay and a man called the specific person I needed. That man took my keys and my car and said someone would come in 20 minutes to pick me up and take me home. So I read a book in the waiting room until he came. He had a company van to take me home, which relieved my worry that my car (and gas) would be used to transport other people. He had an ID and was able to drive me back to the arsenal.
I read about dry-fasting and that it is supposed to be even more beneficial than water fasting. I ate a fat bomb, then made and ate breakfast. I boiled water to pour over nuts for soaking. I listened to podcasts and read articles. I watched a video of a 93 year old man who took up quilting when his wife died. He has made over 300 quilts for his community in the last three years.
Another podcast was about the benefits of rocking, vibration, and circular breathing. That one, or the next one advocated that getting up at dawn each day and going for a 10 minute walk will cure all sorts of things.
I refilled the raw cacao container. I made up 17 days worth of supplements, putting aside the ones that needed reordering. Meanwhile I was listening to an interviewee who said if you pull your pinkie to the side and push your jaw foreward, you can't stay angry. Squeeze the middle finger for anxiety, and squeeze the thumb to stop ruminating thoughts. Tap CB, UE, CB to stop a craving.
At 3:45 I got worried because I hadn't heard from the dealership. So I called them. They had a different number for me. Anyway, they dispatched the transportation guy immediately. I finished what I was doing, and went outside to pull weeds until he showed up. He called as he came around the corner, not knowing I was already outside. I got in and he took me back to the dealership. Then he left for his next pickup.
I waited for my car to be brought around. The man apologized for having the wrong number. I checked Chris' numbers and it wasn't one of them. I don't know where it came from. He gave me a sheet of paper detailing what they had done to address the recall issue. He showed me how to reset the clock. Then I thanked him and drove off.
I made a right turn, thinking to take a right exit to get onto Rideout road. But when I got there, it was a left exit and traffic kept me from getting all the way over there. So I pulled off on a side road, turned around and came out at a light to make a left. From there it was easy to get onto Rideout and go in through gate 9.
When I got home, Chris was there on his laptop. I ate some beef tongue and finished my interview from earlier. I called DreamMaker and scheduled a massage. Someone from quilting called our skype number and asked me to bring a pattern on Tuesday. I packed the pattern with my Tuesday stuff so I wouldn't forget it. I went for a walk. I picked some berries but most of them were dried up. I saw a big swath of forest cleared by some large machine. It looked pretty devastating to the ecology. I wondered if the plan is to build something back there.
When I got back, I ate an avocado. I read e-mail and listened to another podcast. I clipped grass in the back yard until it started to get dark. Then I made and ate a salad. I re-ordered supplements from Swansons.
I put 4 frozen strawberries in a bowl and sat in the living room. We watched three episodes of Continuum. Then I took my evening supplements and rubbed ozone gel on the gum behind my molar. It's a hard place to reach. I put some on my ear, too. I don't know what it is doing for the gum, but it is not working miracles on my ear. Then I posted to my blog so I could get my Chillow and go to bed.
* This is the Chillow. It seems rugged enough not to leak. *

No comments: