Monday, July 30, 2018

Mystery berries

I got up about 8:30. I brushed and swished, first with chocolate toothpaste and then with the ozone cream. I sewed a strip on to this week's block. I read e-mail and listened to an audio. I put onion juice on my head while listening. Afterward I took a shower. I made seed crackers while making and eating breakfast.
Just before noon, I went to quilting, stopping to water the plants and then to get gas on the way. Only a few ladies were present when I got there. I set up at a corner of the table. I worked on the blue blocks, taking some apart and replacing pieces to make the drab blocks more interesting.
Around three, I packed up and came home. I brought my sewing stuff inside. I noted that it must have rained at home, even though it did not rain at quilting. I put on my bathing suit and laid outside in the sun. I rubbed a ginger ice cube on the patches of rash. It seemed to help. I decided the cube did such a good job, that I rubbed it on the scalp behind my ear. But the effects did not last long there.
When I went inside, Chris was home from work. Jennifer texted me about having the same rash. We traded things we were trying for the itch. (It feels so good to scratch it, that it ought to be illegal in public.) I looked up poison ivy treatments on the internet. I ordered zinc oxide.
I took a walk and photographed some berries I saw growing in a small tree. When I got back, I printed out some copies of the iron caddy instructions for tomorrow. I ate some cashews because they are part of the same family as poison ivy. I made and ate a big salad. I listened to some shorter interviews online. I gathered my scissors to take to the sharpener guy at the farmer's market tomorrow.
I sewed all but the last strip to the block on progress so I can turn it in tomorrow. Then we watched two episodes of Continuum, now in season three. I added tea tree oil and ginger oil to some coconut oil and smeared it on the itchy bumps. I investigated a mis-quote on my Facebook page. I drank valerian and kava tea, then swished with green tooth powder while I wrote up my blog post.

No comments: