Friday, July 6, 2018

Jurassic World

I put a sock of cold rice over my forehead last night. I had read about a study where women with insomnia who wore a special cap with cold water running through it to bed got to sleep faster than women without insomnia. The cold was supposed to slow down the prefrontal cortex. I am not sure if the rice worked for me. It took longer than the stated average of 16 minutes to fall asleep.
I got up about 8. I brushed and swished. I rinsed my sprouts with baking soda water because black fuzzy stuff was growing in them. This is what usually happens on the fourth batch and then I give up sprouting. I don't understand it because I washed the sprout cup and soaked it in hydrogen peroxide before the fourth batch.
I cut strips and added another log to the cabin blocks. Then I turned on the router and sat down to read e-mail and drink lemon water. But my laptop could not find the router signal. I had to reboot the laptop AND the router to get the signal. Then it kept opening my OpenOffice file with an unlicensed version of Word.
After reading e-mail, I made and ate breakfast. I put some charcoal/flax mix on my cyst. The doctor recommended it for stale blood and I figured whatever fluid is in a cyst is stale. I got dressed, and watered the plants. I ate 5 garlic cloves. Then I picked up my handbag and headed out.
I stopped at the gas station to fill up. Then I went by the bank to deposit some checks. Then I met Leanne at the movie theater. She could hardly see in the dark so she followed me to our seats. I should have chosen some much farther back. The movie was Jurassic World and it was loud and in-your-face. But it was also good. We stayed through the credits to see Blue looking over the city.
I took a different route home. I don't think it was any faster. I got there minutes before Chris did. I read e-mail with my left forefinger in small cup of Epsom salt water. It was swollen like from a hangnail. I added pics to my Pinterest page. I have 319 pictures of things I've made. I also saved some things I'd like to make to a different page. Eventually I took a break to make and eat a big salad. Then I went for a walk and picked blackberries.
When I got back, I listened to an podcast while playing solitaire, waiting for Chris to finish what he was doing so we could watch TV. Then we watched two episodes of Death in Paradise. I had nearly fallen asleep during the show, but I roused myself enough to return to my laptop. My fingertip was still sore, but I used it to type up my blog anyway.
* This is a quilt hanging at Threaded Needle Too *

No comments: