Thursday, July 5, 2018

My cabins are almost done

I got up at 8. I brushed and swished. I cut centers for 12 log cabin blocks, and sewed on the first logs. Then I turned on the router and drank lemon water while reading e-mail. It occurred to me that I hadn't had hot flashes for the last two days. I took a shower. I put on videos about how to fall asleep. I listened as I made and ate breakfast.
I wrote a check and put it in the mail. I ate 5 cloves of garlic. I printed out the annual report for Pat. I watered the plants out front. I folded my laundry and put away dishes from the dishwasher. And then it was time to go.
I put my sewing gear in the trunk and headed to quilting. Lots of ladies must have been on vacation because not many were there when I arrived. I talked to Marjory as I unpacked my machine and set up. I gave the report to Pat. I worked on the log cabin blocks. I should have pressed them as I went, but I didn't, preferring to sew and talk. Later Leanne came in. We made movie plans for tomorrow. When the rain cleared, I packed up and went home.
Chris was home early. I ate dried jujubes, and made a salad. I listened to audios. I went outside to clip the grass under the pumpkin plants. There is a pumpkin in progress. Later I went for a walk and picked some blackberries along the way. It took about an hour.
When I got back, I ate 5 cloves of pickled garlic and some pulled pork. I know the doctor said to eat 10 cloves each time, but my digestive system has to get used to it. I pressed the log cabin blocks and trimmed them. It was the price I paid for not pressing as I went. I cut strips and added another log.
I drank hot bone broth while waiting for Chris to watch TV. When he was ready, we watched two episodes of Death in Paradise. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and drink water with my evening supplements.
* These are the fabrics for the log cabin blocks *

No comments: