Monday, July 16, 2018

Finally got my oil changed

I got up at 8:30 after having a dream about living in a broken-down unsafe rental house.
I scraped my tongue, drank some water, and sewed all but the last strip onto the block-in-progress. Then I went to get a cube of lemon and found that a jar of goat milk in the freezer had fallen over and leaked. The milk had touched several things before it froze so I had to bring it all out as a unit and peel the pieces apart. I let it soften. The jar went back in the freezer and I washed off the cookie sheets and put the fat bombs away. The sock of rice had some milk on it so I moved all the rice to the other end and let it dry. Then I washed the end of it and put it back in the freezer.
I read e-mail while listening to the rain. I had intended to get my oil changed (since the readout on the dash is telling me the oil needs changing). But the rain was making me think twice. At least I didn't have to water the plants.
At 9:45 I paused an interview to get ready. I drove to the Chevy place for an oil change. I was surprised to hear that it would take an hour or more. He encouraged me to make an appointment to get a recall issue taken care of. That would take more than 2 hours. I sat in the waiting room reading a book and wishing the TV was quieter. After slightly more than an hour, he came back and said my car was ready and the keys were inside. There was no charge. I got in and went home.
Sitting in my driveway, I recorded the oil change and tire rotation in my car book at 6400 miles. I have had this car a few weeks shy of a year. I went inside and used the bathroom. I resumed listening to the interview. I boiled water for soaking nuts. I clipped the corners on the new fabric and stuck it in the wash. I made two loads. I called my local dentist to see if she gives ozone shots. Nope, and she didn't sound happy that I had gone to another dentist to find out that I had a cavitation. She did not have a treatment for cavitations. I tapped for the uncomfortable feeling I got from the dentist.
I rinsed the dyed fabrics, and ironed one piece. It did not have the beautiful wrinkle marks. I concluded that they came from leaving it scrunched into a ball AFTER being taken out of the bag and given a light rinsing. I got some more white fabric, but was too impatient to boil it for 4 hours. I crammed pieces into more bags of dye and one piece soaked up all the leaked dye at the bottom of the plastic tub that all the bags sit in. I put it in a bag of its own.
I turned off the AC unit so I could iron in front of it. I starting ironing all of the new fabric. Chris came home for work, bringing a package. I took a break to distribute the items inside and talk to him. Then I finished ironing and left the fabric folded in a pile in the guest room. I turned the AC unit back on and read e-mail.
Chris had an interview through his computer for a job in California. I listened to him answer the questions. Afterward, I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I made some plans to get ready for tomorrow. When I got back, he said William had called. So I called him back and forgot about the plans. I made a salad and ate as we talked. Chris finished up what he was watching on his laptop and made popcorn. We watched the first two episodes of Continuum. We looked up some of the familiar faces. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog and put out the recyclables.
* This is the pumpkin that something nibbled on and then it rotted from there. *

No comments: