Sunday, July 22, 2018

An interesting afternoon

Well, my ear didn't itch last night so maybe the vitamin C wasn't so bad after all. I got up at 7:45. I sewed a strip, brushed and swished and drank a quart of water. I read some e-mail, then got up to shower and dress. I ate a few seed crackers and a fat bomb.
On the way out the door, I gave the plants some water. Then I drove to church. Jennifer was sitting in my pew so I sat beside her. I looked for Susan after the service to talk about the banner, but apparently she wasn't there. I talked to Scott instead.
Then I went to Jennifer's house, She had lunch made. She showed me her skirt that she needed altered. Altering it was going to be a bigger job than I imagined. We had lunch which consisted of potato salad with avocado mayo and spices and olives and sunflower seeds. We had ginger kombucha to drink, and fruit for dessert. She showed me the special health products she gets at Cosco and online. I had a hot flash and she suggested going in her pool. So we put on our bathing suits and went in. It was the perfect temp at 83. Her son came over. She had him show me the pics he takes of edible weeds and mushrooms. She pointed out the squirrel who eats blossoms off of her rose-of-sharon tree. We watched him eat the petals off of several blooms and throw the cores down to the ground. So inspired, I chose a blossom for myself and ate a petal. It was faintly sweet. Then Jennifer wanted one so I handed one to her...good thing this is not the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
We talked and swam back and forth across the pool. Then it started to rain so we got out and redressed. Her son said he was giving a talk and walk at Rainbow mountain on Saturday so we made plans to go. I picked up my stuff and all the things she gave me and left the house. She had told me to pick some stevia from her garden so I did. And then I went home.
Chris was home and started cooking liver and onions when I walked in the door. I unpacked my bag, taking out my wet bathing suit, the cucumber, the root patch, the chia spoon, her skirt, the strainer and a baggie of kefir grains.
I sat at my laptop and read an e-book about the care of teeth. I made up some mouthwash. I ate some liver and onions, then made a salad. Afterward, I swished with xylitol. I deleted a bunch of e-mail that came in today. Then, seeing the daylight fading, I worked on the borders of the panel. I cut some strips and ironed them.
I waited for Chris, and then we watched two episodes of Continuum. I made a cup of valerian root tea to sip as I wrote my blog post. When I finished the tea, I put ozone cream on my gum, but it would not stay there. Maybe I need to be lying down for it to stay in the back. But then I am going to swallow it, so what should I do?
* She showed me some Canadian money that she brought back from her trip. It is plastic, not paper. *

No comments: