Sunday, July 29, 2018

The shirt experiment didn't work

I got up around 7:15. I scraped my tongue, drank some water, brushed and swished. Then I sewed a strip to the block. With a hand needle, I stitched very close to the zipper teeth in Jennifer's skirt. It was tedious work to hold the teeth back while sewing. It did make the zipper invisible. Then I removed the clasp from one cutoff strip and sewed it to the skirt. But then I could not find the other part of the clasp.
Chris had the router on. I took a shower, got dressed, then sat down to check e-mail. I started listening to an interview. I had to pause it to grab the package of date balls, and go to church. I watered the plants quickly on the way to the car.
I arrived at church and promptly hit the restroom. I sat in my usual spot and Cecelia sat beside me. I was afraid something had happened to Don, but he was just late. The three of us worshiped together. After the service I went out to my car to get the bag of dates balls. I took it into the fellowship hall and poured them out onto a plate. Then I stood in line with Roz. We chatted and picked up some food, then sat at a table to eat. I didn't get much, but did pick up three of the date balls.
While I was eating, Jennifer came in to attend the Sunday School meeting. She spotted me and we talked for a bit. She told me what I owed her, but by the time I got it out, she had gone back to the meeting. I did not want to show my face there because they might give me a job to do.
When most people had cleared out, I put the remaining date balls back in the bag. I went to Jennifer's office to get the shoes I had left in her car. Then I pinned the fabric leaves to the banner that Susan said she would take down so I could sew them on. Then I got in my car to go home. I didn't have my phone so I couldn't call Chris.
When I got home home, I changed clothes. Then we took Chris' car to Publix. We bought groceries and came home. We put away the food. I continued the podcast while making breakfast. After breakfast, I meditated with Oprah.
I cut more strips. When I was done, I had three bags stuffed full. (Black sheep, black sheep, have you any wool?) But I thought there should be more. So I went looking. I found more bags in the trunk and brought them in. I was tired of cutting, so I took a break to finish Jennifer's skirt. I also rinsed out the green shirt that I boiled two days ago. A lot of dye had come out of it, but none of it settled in the bleach spots. Phooey! A piece of white fabric that I threw in with it came out blue. When they were rinsed out, I threw them in the washer along with the blue/green batiks that I bought yesterday.
I watered the plants out back. I washed green leafies and made a salad. I showed Chris a new itchy spot just above my liver. I asked if it looked like bug bites or poison ivy (although how either one could get to that spot is beyond me). He chose bug bites. I rubbed them with a frozen strawberry and the itch stopped for awhile.
I listened to a tapping call. I jotted notes for my blog. Chris roasted cauliflower in the oven and cooked some ground lamb. I ate some of each. I turned off the AC and ironed the batik fabrics. I turned the AC back on and returned to my laptop.
I watched an episode of The Orville on Fox network. The site gave me 60 minutes to watch it and I almost didn't make it because of the commercials. I cut more strips.
When Chris was ready, we watched two episodes of Continuum, finishing season 2. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I made a relaxing cup of tea and wrote my blog post.
* From yesterday: Jennifer's son Jesse is giving a talk on identifying plants in the forest. *

No comments: