Sunday, July 8, 2018

No rainbow fruit quilt

I got up at 7:30 when my alarm went off. I replaced two logs that were not quite wide enough. I had to substitute another fabric because I ran out of the first one. Then I read e-mail until 8:30. I took a shower, and looked for green fabric scraps. I read e-mail until 9:20. Then I got dressed and had a quick bite and headed to church.
I ran into Scott first. He talked about the long hours of setting up for the fireworks display. Then I showed Susan the green fabrics. I think she wanted me to take over the project. Finally I sat be Cecelia in church. I gave her a bottle of magnesium and she paid me.
After the service, we walked up to the wallhanging that Susan wanted altered. I held up each piece of green. Cecelia and I talked about how to covered the extra L.
Then I went out to my car and called Chris to meet me at the grocery store. I was in aisle 4 when he showed up. We shopped together and I went home while he checked out. I changed my clothes. When he arrived, we put the groceries away.
I made and ate breakfast while listening to a podcast. I scrolled through pages and pages of quilts on Pinterest and Bing, looking for that rainbow fruit quilt I saw years ago on the cover of a magazine. I even checked Ebay. I was worried about giving myself a repetitive motion injury from all the scrolling. I went outside to take a pic of the largest pumpkin. Although technically, it is just the larger pumpkin since I have only seen two.
I sewed the black and white blocks together in 4 strips. I ironed scraps of the mondo bag interfacing to the backs. Then I sewed the strips into a bag. I did the same with the lining and fusible batting. The next step was the handles. I started foundation piecing them.
Chris alerted me when the liver and onions were done. I ate a plate of that, which was really good. I was not disappointed that Chris didn't want any. I also made and ate a salad while watching a video or two. I learned that one study showed that stevia extract can kill all forms of Lyme disease. It was not 100% effective, but better than drugs.
Then I took a walk. There were great clouds of gnats, and several tried to fly into my eye. When I got back, I watered the basil plant, which always looks dehydrated. I made more chia and flax mix for breakfast tomorrow. Then I sewed a few strips to the handles while I was waiting for Chris.
I ate frozen chunks of cantaloupe as we watched two episodes of Death in Paradise. Oh, what lovely vistas! I want to go there. Afterward, Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* Our reward for not eating all the pumpkin blossoms. *

No comments: