Thursday, July 19, 2018

Next project?

I got up about 8. I drank a cup of water, then swished while sewing another strip to the block in progress. I laid out a panel and auditioned borders. I ironed a piece of paper for making patterns. Then I turned on the router. I watched interviews; one on choosing real olive oil. Real olive oil should taste bitter, leave a burning sensation in your throat, smell like a fresh olive, have two dates on the label: harvest date and best buy date in a dark bottle. I poured some oil out of my most recent purchase of olive oil. I swished it in the shot glass and warmed it in my hands. Then I smelled it and tasted it. It smelled a little like fresh mown grass (as the interviewer commented) and it left a burning in my throat. I checked the bottle and found both dates. So it passed all the tests. The information came from the Frantoi Cutrera , an Italian olive oil company.
I ate a fat bomb, then made and ate breakfast. I ate 6 cloves of pickled garlic. I was ready to go quilting and realized I had no project. So I grabbed some blues that might go with my blue blocks and added them to my cart. I rolled it out to the car and put it in my trunk.
I got to quilting before 12:30. I sat by Marjorie and showed her my black and white mondo bag. She showed me her midi bag in progress. When Christy walked by, I showed her the pic William sent me of the supposed Featherweight. Christy identified it at once as a model 66, just like the one she learned to sew on years ago. I texted the info to William. Pat told me that the guild was having a mini quilt show tonight starting at 6. That would give me just enough time to look around and get back for my skype call.
The lady across the table was new to me, but her mother was a regular. It turns out that she and her husband and son are gamers. So we talked gaming for almost 2 hours. I kind of wished Chris were there. I never did unpack my blue project to work on it.
By 2:30 I was packed up and back home. I made and ate a salad. I finished my document on the procedure for counting the offering and all the little duties that come with it. I printed it out and stuck it in my trunk with the bank bag. I added some goat milk to the kefir grains. I listened to a podcast while reading e-mail. I paused it when William called in response to my text. He talked while he worked. I played Solitaire for awhile, then started making a pattern. After William hung up, I got in an argument with Chris. I stayed to talk it out, and decided it was too late to go to the quilt show. I jotted notes for my blog. I looked for the barn project but could not find it. I ironed the three dry balls of dyed fabrics. I did not see the little wrinkle marks that were so nice on the original dyed fabrics. But there were some color variations.
I moved my laptop to the guest room. My tapping buddy called a few minutes later. I tapped with her for one of her issues. I finished the two patterns I was making. I wondered if my overhead projector could make the process easier somehow.
We watched two episodes of Continuum. I took my evening supplements and then put the ozone gel on my gum and on my ear. Since it is labeled 'not for ingestion', I wanted to let it soak in BEFORE I went to bed so I could spit it out before I laid down. Then I typed up my blog so I could head to bed.

No comments: