Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Purple bamboo salt

I got up at 6:45 again. I put the not-so-cold sock of rice back in the freezer. I was still a little tired so I went back to bed for a few minutes. Later I got up to swish and sew two squares together. I drank lemon water and read e-mail. I made and ate breakfast, which I don't usually do on a Tuesday. But I was afraid I wouldn't get lunch.
I folded up the black and white bag and put it in the fruit bag, along with the quilt-as-you-go. I drove to the quilt meeting. I handed in the quilt-as-you-go. Jane held it up for the others to see. They noticed my black and white bag. They passed it around for a closer look and made many nice comments. There were also questions about the iron caddy, but I hadn't brought it. I promised to send Jane the fabric requirements.
No one was sewing, but Jane said they needed more strip blocks. So I set up my machine to do that, and got a tub of scraps from the storage room. Beverly came and set up near me to make blocks also. Later Rebecca came and also brought her sewing machine. I made 6 blocks while talking to Beverly. Then I packed up because it was noon.
I skipped kimbap because I wasn't hungry and it's like a freezer in the Asian store. But I went to the doctor's place nearby. She sat me down to look at her computer. She gave me a packet of jujube juice to drink and two for the road. She did acupuncture and taping on my cyst. She told me to scrape an onion and put it on my ear for the itch. She told me about the medicinal value of purple bamboo salt and gave me some to taste. It was really good, but at $100 a bottle, I did not ask for more. She said she wants to practice English with me for an hour a week. (How is that different from what we're doing now?) She also wants me to teach her to make a dress.
It was after 2 when I left. I went home to print a spreadsheet for counting money, but I could not find it on desktop computer. I had to make another simplified one. I ate a few bites of liver and onions while it printed.
So I didn't get to the church until 3. Pastor was there, but he soon finished up and left. I counted the cash and checks and filled out the deposit slips. I recorded the info on the computer. By then it was after 4:40. I grabbed the deposit bundles and raced to the bank to complete the transactions. There was no time for reports.
When I got home, there was a Swansons package that Chris had picked up from the post office. I put the contents away. Then I made and ate a big salad while reading e-mail. Then I drove back to church to finish the reports and attend the stewardship meeting. Ron was there to make copies for Tim. I ran the reports and then he figured out how to make copies. I stapled papers together and put them in the appropriate boxes. I did a backup of the information and shut the computer down. Then I sat across the table from him while waiting for the others to arrive. When Art and Keith showed up, we had our meeting. Then Charlie arrived and we went back over some stuff. Then the meeting was adjourned.
I talked to Ron in the parking lot for a bit before leaving. I drove home a different way to see how it would go. When I arrived, Chris was on his laptop. I told him I was ready to watch TV, but he continued to do...whatever it was. I ate my handful of nuts for the day and some dried apple slices while reading e-mail. Then we watched one episode of Death in Paradise. I typed up my blog and went to bed.
* This is the quilt Lauri was working on yesterday. *

No comments: