Friday, July 13, 2018

Dyeing for fabric

Last night I rubbed some ozone cream on my gum behind the last lower molar on the right. It was a weird experience.
This morning I woke up hearing my alarm go off. I stayed in bed doing some mental programming to relax my jaws. So I am not sure what time I actually got up. I scraped my tongue. I drank some lemon water, then brushed and swished while I sewed a strip onto the block in progress. I pinned a strip for tomorrow so it would be short work.
Then I soaked my current batch of seeds, this time lentils. But the sprouting cup smells so strongly of tea tree oil that I am afraid they won't sprout. I turned on the router. I transferred the sprouts to a different sprouting cup so the first one can air out. I listened to a doctor on a podcast:
She said she suspects that heavy metal toxicity makes one more conductive and therefore more susceptible to electrical fields. Hot therapies (sweating followed by a shower or dip in the pool) were very effective for ridding the body of toxins of a non-metal origin. More info on her website: Drmyhill.co.uk
I found a big pot, added a gallon of water, some detergent and washing soda. I weighed some white fabric to see if I had enough water to scour it. I cut it into 4 fat quarters and put it in the pot to simmer. I was preparing the fabric for dyeing.
I took a vitamin C packet. Since there is no one next door right now, I sunbathed in the back yard for a bit. I decided to go in and come back out when the sun was directly overhead. When I came in, the pot was boiling so I turned the heat down. I ate a fat bomb and made two breakfasts. I ate one and saved the other for tomorrow.
I listened to a podcast while unplugging my laptop. But it kept shutting down at 80 – 85%. I gave up and just finished the podcast. I looked up how to replace the battery, but did not find the exact info I needed.
I mixed coconut oil with cacao and coconut butter and grass-fed butter to make a batch of fat bombs. I heard pitter-patter and saw that it was raining outside. So much for sunbathing again. I put the first batch of fat bombs in the freezer to harden. I ran out to put some red netting on the pumpkin. The hope was that that would deter whatever is eating it. I called Beverly to make arrangements for tomorrow morning. Again, since the neighbors are away, I played my trombone.
I wanted a sketch to go with the instructions for the iron caddy. I took a picture of my iron caddy pattern, traced it on paper, and scanned it into the computer. I opened it in Paint and started correcting it at a pixel level. I turned off the boiling fabric which had been simmering since before noon. It was not the dark yellow that the directions mentioned. I poured out the hot soapy water and rinsed the fabric. I poured a second batch of fat bombs and put them in the freezer. I put on plastic gloves and wadded up the fabric pieces and put them in 4 of the dye bags that I saved. Some of the bags had leaked and there was dark dye on the bottom of the tub they were in. It looked kind of blue but probably had some of all three colors in it.
Chris wasn't home yet and I got tired of waiting for him. So I went for a walk and picked blackberries. Mostly they were drying up. When I got back, Chris was home. He hadn't gotten to the post office before it closed so will pick up the package on Monday. I ate the last of the liver and onions.
I worked on the drawing of the iron caddy pattern. William texted me a picture of a Singer Featherweight that is going to be at a yard sale tomorrow. Then I made a big salad and ate it while reading an article.
We watched two episodes of Death in Paradise. They changed DI's again. Still not as good as the first one. I held crushed onion on my ear again. This is the third time and it is still not working.
I told Chris I wanted to get up at 6:30 tomorrow so he set his phone alarm. I made a list of things I could pack for lunch in the morning. I posted to my blog and used the ozone cream again.

No comments: