Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Busy Tuesday

I got up at 8, drank water, then swished. I sewed the last strip on the block and trimmed it to 9.5 inches. Then I turned on the router. I looked up how long it should take for lentils to sprout, and wondering if mine are doomed.
Then I worked on the instructions for the iron caddy. I tweaked the diagram and printed it out. I cut it out so I could tape it to the instructions and scan it back in. It wasn't a perfect scan so I had to clean it up a bit. Then I got dressed and took the recyclables to the curb. Hence, I got to quilting later than usual.
There was no one sewing. I turned in my strip block and got a square of batting and backing to make another one. I handed an instruction sheet to Susan who wanted to make her iron caddy at home. She looked for paper to trace the iron caddy on to make a pattern. I talked to both Beverlys and Jodi. I helped Jane pack up. After everyone had left, I asked Beverly about making a trip to Brentwood TN.
I went to the Asian store for kimbap. Then I went to see the Korean doctors. Dr. Grace was out. Dr. Jae asked me to delete all the messages on his answering machine because it was full. There were 65 new messages so I played them and delected each one. Most were blank. I recorded an outgoing message, then called the number to hear it. But after 10 rings it asked for a code. I guess that's why no one left a message. I asked for the instructions but he didn't have them.
Then he said I should have a detox foot bath. Who am I to argue? He brought me a tub of hot water and put the ionizer in it. I peeled off my shoes and footies and put my feet in the water. While I was detoxing and eating the kimbap, he brought me a packet of jujube juice. When the detox and foot massage were over, Dr. Grace was not back yet so I left.
I went directly to the church. I discovered that I had forgotten to bring the sheet of notes that tells me what to do. But I did what I could remember and I think the only that suffered was the handing out of reports. I did the ones I was sure of, put everything back the way I found it, and left. I drove to the bank and deposited the cash and checks. I decided I didn't really need to go to the farmer's market so I went home.
Chris was already there. He had found a package on the front step for me. I deleted most of the 100+ e-mails that came in today. I made and ate breakfast while listening to an interview. I e-mailed the directions to Jane as promised. I looked up the answering machine from the doctor's office and read about how to make an outgoing message.
Then I went to a meeting of the Modern Quilt Guild. I showed off the two bags I made. One lady talked about helping a neighbor guild which has a goal of making 1500 quilts for military kids who lost a parent. Yikes! I stayed to talk a little afterward. I got home by 8, and ate three dates with coconut flakes while checking e-mail.
I made an outgoing message for Dr. Jae and then left him an incoming message so he would know about it. Chris cued up Netflix, so we watched two episodes of Continuum together. He looked up one more character for me. I took my evening supplements, and swished with xylitol while writing up my blog post for today. I am looking forward to Wednesday and not going anywhere. It is my reward for getting through another busy Tuesday.
* From the MQG meeting: she said her mystery quilt turned out so badly that she couldn't even give it to someone she didn't like. I think it is fine. *

No comments: