Thursday, July 26, 2018

The AC is fixed

I was somewhat awake and doing mental programming when I heard a knock at the door. It was close to 9. I threw on a robe and let the maintenance man in. He turned on the AC and went outside to look at the unit. I brushed and drank water and sewed. Then I got dressed. Finally he came back in and used a small device to check the temp of the air coming from the vents. It was 54. Then, as he was leaving, I got a call from Housing asking about the toilet that needed fixing. I told them that it wasn't urgent.
I played an interview and read e-mail. I watered the plants so I wouldn't get sidetracked later. I started a loaf of bread. I made and ate breakfast. Then I rolled my cart out to the car and went to quilting.
There were lots of ladies there, even though it wasn't potluck day. I pulled a chair up to the table and talked to Pat. She wants me to help her decide which donation books to keep and which to give away. Susan took a pick of me with my new bags and posted them on the Facebook page. After Pat left, I talked to Christie. Rhonda helped me lay out my blue blocks on blue fabrics to audition sashing. We discussed how some of the blocks needed re-doing to spice up some and tone down others.
I left at 2:15 and went to DreamMaker. My masseuse wasn't there yet, so I wandered about looking at stones. When she arrived, we went into the massage room. She had me fill out some paperwork. Then she left while I undressed and got on the table under the sheet. It was too hot for a sheet. When she came in, she pulled it back from my legs. I was face down so she did my back and legs, then I turned over and she did my legs, arms and neck. She paid particular attention to my left shoulder and ankle as I requested. I felt pretty good when I left.
When I got home, Chris was just unlocking the front door. I brought my sewing stuff in, then went back out to check the mail. There were two packages. I opened one and it held some toner and cleanser. Chris opened the other and it was a proxy vote package. I let him handle it. I drank some onion juice and put the rest on my scalp. I read e-mail while eating liver and pickled garlic. Then I made a big salad and listened to a podcast.
When it was over, I put the laptop to sleep so I could move it to the guest room for my skype call. I washed the onion juice from my hair. Still having a few minutes, I went outside to inspect the pumpkin. It broke off in my hand as I tried to check the bottom for rot. So I brought it in. Even though it was orange, Chris said it wasn't ripe yet.
I waited a minute or so for my tapping buddy. We tapped together for an hour and a half. I allowed her to use the tearless trauma technique, not knowing what would come up. When it was over, I made a cup of hot bone broth with ginger.
I read e-mail until Chris was ready. Then we watched one episode of Continuum and on episode of McHale's Navy (which came in the Netflix envelop today). Afterward, Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to take my evening supplements and post to my blog.
* Sadly it was a little rotten on the bottom. *

No comments: