Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The cure is worse than the disease

I got up at 7:45, I swished and sewed the last strip to the block. I made and ate breakfast even though my stomach wasn't ready for it. I read e-mail and meditated with Oprah and Deepak. I read a bit of e-mail. Then I packed up to go sewing.
On the way to the car, I noticed the plants needed watering. I took a few minutes to water, then headed out. I arrived between 9:30 and 10. I brought with me paper patterns for the iron caddy. Susan took one. She showed me her first try and I thought it was fine, but she did not like it. I announced that I had packing paper if anyone wanted to copy the pattern. But only one lady did. Beverly took a pattern to copy at home. I turned in my completed strip block and got another one to work on. Beverly and I laid out a set of blocks and numbered them with row and column. She took them home to put together. We also cut some strips for her panel project.
Finally I went to see the Korean doctors. She was busy with a patient. So I asked him if the answering machine was working and he said yes. When she was done, she handed me her tablet and said it would not connect to the wi-fi. And she was right. I checked the few things I knew and had no luck. I googled the problem. I tried their solutions. Finally, they recommended a reset. I was worried about it but she said go ahead. Well, when it came back on, it was in English, not Korean like before. When it asked for the password, I typed it in from the modem, not the piece of paper she had. And it worked. But not quite like it did before. Anyway, I got the music playing that she wanted.
Then she examined my ear. She laid me in a treatment room and swabbed the side of my head with onion juice extract. She rubbed it in really well and cleaned off all the dead skin cells. Then she put acupuncture needles right behind the ear. She said I should swab the area with onion juice extract every day and let it sit for half an hour. Before I left, she gave me packs of onion juice extract which she makes on site.
I drove to the church knowing I was going to be a little late. Tim was supposed to meet me at 2 and I called to say I would be late. He said he'd be later. So I counted the money as quickly as I could. Then I made out the deposits. I started entering it on the computer. He arrived just as I got to the last two checks. He showed me the capitol fund report and how he makes it agree with the bank statement. After our discussion he decided to make a few changes. Then he went home.
I finished entering checks and cash and looked at the online giving statements. I printed the reports I needed and checked the totals. Then I drove the deposits to the bank. I could have backtracked to the farmer's market, but I had a headache so I just went home.
I got to post about 5. I drank some water and ate liver and garlic while watching a video on benefits of cricket powder: high in iron, prebiotic fiber, b-12, etc.
I ate some seed crackers as I read e-mail. Then I mowed the back yard. When I came in, I washed the onion juice out of my hair. I doubted I would be smearing this in my hair everyday for the next three months. Scratching would be easier.
I read e-mail, and watched part of a video. It seemed far too long for the content. I took out the trash and put the can by the curb for pickup tomorrow.
I mixed sodium ascorbate with a slice of aloe, crushing the gel with my fingers. I spread it over the right side of my head and behind my ear. The intention was to cure the itch in a much shorter time than the doctor predicted.
Then I laid on my left side and watched episodes of Frazier through Netflix. Chris called around 9 to say he had arrived at his hotel. We talked for a few minutes, and then he hung up. I went back to watching Frazier. The gel dried by 10pm. I signed out of Netflix. I sat down to write my blog post. I got up to take my evening supplements and swish. I wiped the bows on my glasses with alcohol. I printed out a copy of the offering sheet and one of the caddy instructions (including fixing it up first). Then I sat down again to finish the blog post so I could put ozone cream on my gum and go to bed.
* This is the block I made, which just happens to be the first block of the quilt Beverly is going to make. *

No comments: