Saturday, September 29, 2018

A quilter will find fabric, somewhere

Last night before going to bed, I sat in the dark living room and tapped. I am not sure how long. But I think I fell asleep faster than usual when I finally laid down.
I got up at 8. I was grateful to see actual sunshine outside. I brushed and swished. I sewed pairs of blocks together. Chris was already up and had the router on. I checked e-mail and listened to a podcast from the EMF summit replay:

Cece Doucette is trying to get change in schools to protect kids. Schools are in a catch-22, being told by the state to implement technology, and being told by parents that kids are being exposed to unsafe levels of radiation. 2-way radiation is biologically hazardous. One school changed to low-emf routers: JRS Eco-wi-fi. Some other routers have eco mode. Generation Zapped is a good documentary movie on this subject.

It was after 11. I called Beverly and she said she would meet me soon. I filled an empty bottle with salt water to take with me. I drove to the church on Jordan Lane. I parked and got in her car and we went to Decatur.
We thought we were going to a quilt shop having a sale. But when we got there, we saw that it was more of an upholstery fabric place with a side order of embroidery stuff. Only the upholstery fabric was on sale.
We did not buy anything there, but we took pics in front of the store because they had giant lions. Then we went to the local Hobby Lobby. HL had a nice selection of fabric and it was all 30% off. We each got some, but I got more. Then, looking for Wal-Mart, we saw a large thrift shop. We walked around inside, looking at this and that. I got a black-out curtain panel.
Then we walked to Wal-Mart on the other end of the shopping center. They had fabric, too, but nothing we couldn't live without. We looked for pickled garlic and did not find any. I did find a battery for a lantern-type flashlight and a bunch of bananas. We checked out and walked back to her car. We ate some of the bananas and then drove back to Huntsville.
When I got home, I checked the mail and found three books for the guild library. Sadly, an invoice was not included. Chris gave me a massage, then threw the sheets in the wash.. I put in my handbag as well so it would be clean for Tuesday.
I mended a quilt block that got cut short, and sewed some pairs together. We boiled water to blanch garlic to pickle it. I checked e-mail. I made a large salad and cut up some raw garlic for the second bowl. I looked up things to put in our Netflix queue. I watched videos on teeth and jaw exercises.
We watched two episodes of DS9. Then we dressed the bed with clean sheets. I drank some tea and wrote up my blog. I swished and used the ozone cream. Then it was time for bed.
* Why a fabric store has two giant lions I will never know. *

No comments: