Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Another busy day

I got up around 7:30. I brushed and swished and sewed the beginning of a new ball of fleece yarn to the rug in progress. I turned on the router. I deleted the first round of e-mail and listened to most of an audio about how bras contribute to cancer.
Around 9:30 I got dressed. I gave a quick watering to the flowers. Jane's quilt-as-you-go was in the trunk, so I hopped in the car and went to quilting.
Beverly pulled up just as I did. So we walked in together. When I went in, Jane had an array of magazines that she was weeding from her collection. I talked with her and Anita for a few minutes. They were encouraging people to take strips to make quilts and fabric to make baby quilts for a special place. I saw the black and white bag that Susan made. I encouraged her to bring it to the class to show people. She gave me a channel-quilted machine cover that she had made. It was very nice. She was making a bunch – God bless her.
I worked on the binding for Jane's quilt, knowing I wasn't going to finish it. I listened to the other ladies chat. Some of them went to Susan's car to get books and magazines, but I didn't need any. When the ladies had gone, Beverly and I went walking around the neighborhood. It was really hot and someone stopped to tell us she admired our dedication. We walked a little over a mile.
When I left, I skipped the kimbap. I went straight home to make breakfast. I finished the audio on the danger of bras, and switched to the dangers of electrical fields:
Sitting in front of a computer, under a compact fluorescent light adds a charge to the human body. Standing on a conductive surface like tinfoil will discharge it. Or try an earthing blanket without plugging it in. In North America, power companies are allowed to shunt the electricity that won't fit on the ground wire, down to the earth. So standing on the earth in North America is not helpful. Stray electricity is not really 'stray'. The power companies put it there because it was cheaper than putting in updated ground wires. Stetzer filters will help with dirty electricity.

After breakfast and pickled garlic, I took a bottle of water and my offering sheets, and went to the church. Attendence was light so the offering was also. It did not take long to count it and record it and print out the reports.
I took it to the bank about 3:30. I considered going to the farmer's market, but there were more interviews to listen to. When I got home I checked the mail and found a thank-you note from Shannon for a baby quilt. Then I finished the interview and started another one:
Second interview was with the former CEO of Microsoft Canada, Frank Clegg. He says the wi-fi is dangerous, particularly 5G. He says we're not saying we don't want the internet of things, we just want the industry to find a safer way to deliver it. Wired connections are faster, less hackable, more sustainable and safer. Tech companies are trying to get states to pass laws allowing them to install 5G wherever they want, cutting out local ordinances.

I made and ate a large salad, some lamb, and chopped garlic. Then I headed out to the monthly meeting of the Modern Quilt Guild.
It was at a new place, but I was able to find it easily. I went in the back door. The meeting was about to begin. I felt like the last person to arrive, but there were others who came in during the meeting. For show-and-tell I held up my blue quilt and one of the fleece rugs. One lady had made a quilt from beer-themed fabric. They were going to auction it off at the bar on charity night – a fundraiser for our group.
There was a lot more to the meeting than I could possibly write about. It is a very active group and I cannot participate in everything they do. They passed around a sign-up sheet for making a rocket quilt. I did not sign up, but at the end of the meeting they said all that was left was to cut the backing fabric in half and sew the pieces side by side. I said I could do that and they handed it to me. Like I don't have enough to do.
I went home. Chris was sitting at his laptop. I took some homeopathic stuff for strong teeth.I finished the interview and Chris queued up Netflix. We watched two episodes of DS9. I rubbed some red onion on my head. I would have used the onions the Korean doctor gave me, but Chris cooked them up for supper on Sunday. I brushed and swished. I typed up my blog for tonight. I gave my seeds a 10 minute soak. I thought I'd see some sprouting by now. I swished again with black walnut tincture. Then I applied ozone cream to my gums and went to bed.

No comments: