Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Natural dye experiment

As usual, once I almost fell asleep, the ozone cream had liquefied and ran into my throat, waking me up. I got up to spit it out and went back to bed.
I got up at 7:45. I brushed and swished and sewed the last strip to the block. I pressed it and trimmed it down to 9.5 inches. I turned on the router, deleted a few e-mails, then sewed fleece strips together to make balls of 'yarn'. I ironed the dyed fabric. The colors were too pastel for my taste. I drank water, then washed up and got dressed.
About 9:40 I went to quilting. I gave the completed block to Anita. I showed off the quilt top made of blue blocks. There were give-aways on the table. I picked up some muslin and batting. I sat by Anita while we talked and I crocheted. When I reached the end of one ball of fleece, I hand sewed the beginning of the next ball to it. I finished all I had. Beverly never showed up. I had left my phone at home and wondered if she tried to call. When most of the ladies had gone, I went home, too. I skipped the kimbap after hearing in an interview that a lot of places add flour to the rice to make it sticky.
When I got home, I ate a tomato with garlic cloves. Then I made and ate breakfast while an interview played. I washed out five kombucha bottles. I added milk to the kefir. I boiled 5 eggs and ate one while talking to Dad. I printed out a page to record the offering on.
When I left, I went to my bank to deposit a check and get cash. Then I went to my church to count money. It went well and I had no problems. Beverly called to say we were still on for tomorrow. When I had finished printing the reports, I went to the church's bank and waited in line a long time to make the deposit. From there, I stopped by the farmer's market to buy a beef heart, lamb heart and ox tail and milk.
I went home the long way, but should have taken the parkway. I checked the mail, nothing. Chris was home, but he didn't find any mail at the post office either. I boiled some water and added it to a bowl of leftover onion soup to warm it up. I read e-mail as I ate. Then I went for a walk. I took my sling handbag which had a ziplock baggie in it. I stopped several times to add poke berries to it. I was gone almost an hour.
When I got back, I made and ate a large salad. I put an old pot on the stove. I mixed ¾ cup of salt with 3 quarts of water, as per the instructions in an article. I turned the burner on and put the fabric in. It took a long time to boil, so we watched two episodes of Deep Space 9. Then I turned the burner off. I drained most of the salt water. I put in an amount of white vinegar and poured berries over it. I left it to cool and soak. I swished while writing up my blog post. I let the ozone cream sit on the gum site while I collated recyclables for tomorrow. Then it was time for bed.

No comments: