Monday, September 17, 2018

Taking a chance

I was up late last night looking for a solution to the capsaicin burn. I went to bed, but the burning kept me awake. It occurred to me that I had some activated charcoal. I went in the bathroom and rubbed some of that on my left hand. My right hand had stopped burning. It was rough and chunky so I put some coconut oil over it. And the burn decreased. It did not go away, but I was eventually able to sleep.
I woke up about 8. I realized that I had not worried about my teeth or the itching on my scalp. Hmmm. I brushed and swished. I folded laundry. I sewed a four-patch. I soaked my seeds or 10 minutes. I used a potato masher to put the fire cider ingredients further into the vinegar. I washed the masher and the jar to eliminate any stray capsaicin. I watched the how-to video again to see if she wore gloves. She did not. But I noticed that she chopped her garlic and I forgot to do that. Cripes.
I started a podcast and set out supplement bottles, getting ready for a new batch. Then Ron called. He wants me to call Jim to get numbers every month on giving and expenditures and write a little something for the newsletter. Will I remember to do it?
I made two weeks worth of supplements. I made a jar of chia and flax mix. I made breakfast.
As I was rolling my sewing cart out the door, I remembered the mail. I quickly wrote a check and addressed an envelop. Then, after I was on my way to quilting, I realized I needed gas. So I stopped at the gas station. So I did not get there until almost 12:30.
Bertha had gotten her charity quilt together and said the rest of the blocks were mine. There were only four. I started working on Jane's quilt. I got the binding sewn to the front and started whip-stitching it to the back. I found two places on the front where the sashing did not cover what it should have. I whipped it into shape. Alice and Carolyn both asked about Chris finding a job and I had to tell them not yet.
One lady had bought an embroidery machine on an internet site. Lauri and I went to her car to see it and bring it in. Lauri explained to her how to use it. I was surprised that it could do most of what mine can do, but it was only $400 when it was new.
It was almost 4 when I packed up. I went home to check the mail, and found Chris at his laptop. He had a package for me. I opened it and put away the supplements. There were homeopathic pills for stong teeth. I took the recommended dose. I checked my e-mail and listened to audios.
But it was getting late. S0 I went for a walk, even though I had felt a few drops. My first thought was to be on the lookout for juniper trees, but I also was aware of any unusual plants. There was a stand of plants with fire-red plumes of tiny berries. I felt like I should know what they are.
When I got back, I looked again for plants with red berries, but did not have any luck identifying anything around here. I ate some of the roast lamb with mustard. I made and ate a large salad.
I put on plastic food service gloves. I took garlic cloves from the fire cider and sliced them with a knife. I did not go through the whole jar because the gloves began to leak. I put the chopped garlic back in and threw out the gloves. Then I washed my hands really well, poured alcohol over them, and washed them again.
We watched two episodes of DS9. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to swish and blog and prepare the recyclables for tomorrow.
* This is Bertha's quilt top. I will have similar blocks to work with for mine. *

No comments: