Sunday, September 9, 2018

First day of choir

Chris set his alarm for 7:30 to wake me up. I wasn't in a wake-up mood, so I tapped. I was up by 8. I brushed and swished and sewed fleece strips. I washed up and got dressed. I read e-mail while listening to part of the next episode of The Home Remedy Summit. I paused it around 8:50 to put my shoes on and get ready to go to church.
When I got to church, the time was 9:16. It seems the parkway cuts off 4 minutes. I went inside the sanctuary to talk to Jennifer, who was talking to Tamara. Afterward, Jennifer handed me a sheaf of music. She played the alto part of the music for today. Then I searched the cart for an empty folder to put it in. I sat in my usual place. Barbara said Don was still on his trip, so I was alone.
Before the service, there were two temple talks. Tim spoke about stewardship and outreach. Then Cassie talked about going to Honduras as a nurse and asking people to donate adult vitamins and children's aspirin. But no gummies because they melt in the heat.
During the service, Don arrived and I gave him a small hug. It was good to have him back. After the service, I promised to see him next week. Several people said the choir sounded good. I talked to Susan on the way out. I went to my car and drove it home.
At home, I checked e-mail and ate the last of the seed crackers. I changed my clothes and we went to Publix. I wanted to make the Four Thieves Tonic that Jennifer made, but it uses horseradish root which Publix did not have. So I didn't buy the rest of the ingredients either.
It poured rain as we wheeled the groceries to the car. But the rain was largely over when we got home. We brought the food in and put most of it away. I put a bottle of adult vitamins on the Tuesday pile. Chris defrosted a beef heart for dinner. He also boiled eggs for lunches. I made and ate breakfast while finishing the episode from this morning. I read up on homeopathy for teeth. I put some calc-fluor and calc-phos in my Swansons cart. I found the video Jennifer was talking about. I watched it and realized she hadn't mentioned the juniper berries. So I went for a walk, looking for them. I found a tree with berries and broke off a sprig to bring home. I kept walking and got rained on.
When I got back, I gave the sprig to Chris. He said it was either juniper or cedar. I sent a pic to Jennifer. I soaked some seeds in water. I made more spice mix and refilled the bottle. Then I used the soaked seeds to make seed crackers. By then the heart was cooked. It was cubed into what looked like onion soup. Chris also made quinoa. So that's what I had for supper. He had used the organic carrots and left the tops for me. I cut them off and left them in a bowl of water, intending to eat them in a salad. But I got too full for that. So they ended up in a glass of water for tomorrow.
I started watching the next episode. When Chris was ready, we watched several episodes of DS9 while I swished with salt water. Then we dressed the bed in clean sheets. I swished with tooth powder and xylitol while listening to the rest of the episode on Lyme. I put on vitamin patches. Then I rubbed ozone cream on my gums behind the molars and the broken tooth. The gums did not like being rubbed. I let the cream sit while I put away the seed crackers and typed up my blog.

No comments: