Tuesday, September 11, 2018

More for me to do

I got up around 8. I brushed and swished and sewed some fleece strips together. I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I listened to the rest of the episode from the Home Remedy Summit:
Hawthorne is good for the heart. The OPC's are good for the heart acting as anti-inflamatory. Tincture the berries for 6 weeks in alcohol. When your heart is in coherence, then the head clears emotionally. Argena tonifies the cardio system and good for tachycardia. Use both as tea, or powder. Motherwort – for heart. It lowers blood pressure, esp. in menopause. Linden – lowers blood pressure – a gentle tea. Hibiscus tea also is good. Garlic is a bridge between food and medicine. Chop it and let it sit before you throw it in. Guggul is good but expensive, boswellia is cheaper and almost as good. Tien chi is a blood tonic.
Depression: A little Saffron is good for depression. St John's wort flower for SAD, wort oil is good for pain. Chinese herbs to support chi help with depression. Use rhodiola for chronic fatigue. cacao has lots of minerals and chemicals to fight depression.
Lungs and respiration: needles and bark and resin of pinion pine. Make a tea and breathe in the steam. Pitch is good for infections.
When it was over, I had to get dressed for quilting. I grabbed the bag with the balls of fleece yarn and headed out. I would have watered the plants, but the watering can was empty.
When I arrived, I was happy to see Jane was there and looking pretty good. She said she felt tired, but then she's been through a lot. Susan asked me how to put her blocks together to make a mondo bag. Some one else asked me to write up an announcement for the class and what they needed to bring. I meant to do it, but got busy. I sat and talked with Anita and Beverly. I crocheted up almost two balls of yarn. Then Beverly brought her serger in and I went through the motions of threading it. There's nothing easy about threading a serger. But we got it done, then plugged it in and found out the light wasn't working.
After that, Beverly and I walked around the neighborhood, covering a mile by her phone calculation. Someone had pulled up pokeberry bushes and left them by the side of the road. I helped myself to 4 berries. When we got back to the church, she left and I went to the Asian store for kimbap. I got the second to last package. I asked about pickled garlic and they were out of the recommended brand.
So, I went home. I ate the kimbap with kimchi. I gathered up bags of glass recycling to drop off on the way to church. I printed out offering sheets, but it took too long. I left the recyclables on the sidewalk and headed to church.
I found the intern desk full of boxes of t-shirts. Why? I eeked out some room to count the checks and cash and record them on paper and fill out the deposit tickets. One lady wrote a split check, which meant that the deposit tickets would not match the computer records. I entered all the info on the church computer and printed out the reports.
Then I went to the bank and made the deposits. I headed back and stopped at the farmer's market. I picked up some hot peppers and tomatoes and another beef heart – the last one she had. I gave her back the jar she sold me milk in. Then I went home.
Chris was already home. I checked the house mail, but it was empty – not even junk mail. I ate a bowl of heart stew and took my supplements. I cleaned up some dishes in the sink. I compared prices on nuts and cacao between Nuts.com and Amazon. I submitted an order. All too soon it was time to go back to church for the stewardship meeting.
On the way to church, I drove under an overpass and was assaulted by a loud screeching sound that seemed to be everywhere at once. I don't know where it came from, but it really rattled me. I tapped the rest of the way to church.
I was expecting to see Tim there, but he and his wife had to rush to the aid of their son in Georgia. So it was just three of us. We discussed Consecration Sunday. It was suggested that I be the one to count all the pledge cards and write in something for those who don't submit one. I have to put the info in a spread sheet. Then the total gets announced to those eating at the potluck. No pressure. Ha!
It was after 8 when I got home. I had already made some kava tea. Chris cued up Netflix and we watched two episodes of DS9 while I drank kava tea and swished with salt water. When it was over, Chris made his lunch for tomorrow and I brushed and put on vitamin patches. I wrote up my blog post for today. Then I went through the e-mail again while swishing with the ozone cream.
* This is what Jane has been working on. *

No comments: