Friday, September 14, 2018

Catching up on e-mail and sewing

I got up about 9. I brushed and while I had the toothbrush in my mouth, a fly flew by. I grabbed a washcloth and swatted at it, bumping into the toothbrush and bruising the tissue connecting the lower gum to the upper gum at the back. I took a shower to get the zinc oxide out of my hair. It did not help with the itching.
I swished and sewed two patches together. I rinsed the seeds I soaked last night. I intend to sprout them even though the package did not say what kind they were.
I listened to the rest of the episode that I started last night:

Damiana is an aphrodisiac, increases chi. People smoke it or drink as a tea. Frankincense promotes joining. Tonifying the cardiovascular system is good for sexual health. Cottonroot bark promotes oxytocin. Ginkgo biloba is good for circulation. Saw palmetto is good for health of respiratory system and pelvic area. The sexual desire hormone is testosterone in both men and women. Ginseng raises testosterone, and overuse shows as aggression. Pine nuts help, too. Get hormone panel, vitex tea for progesterone, it is hormone-balancing. Makes pms go away. Tincture from the berry. Dong quai might be the most consumed herb in the world. In many countries, the women take it from puberty to death.

I made and ate breakfast. I was going to go to Blanket Daze, but the small pain in my back told me not to take my machine anywhere. After clearing some e-mail, I mowed most of the lawn. Some of it was still wet with dew, so I left the mower in the middle of the lawn where I would see it later.
Listening to a talk in put glutathione on sore gum, contact o3 company but they hung up on me and then I left a message. I tried to buy the e-book that the holistic dentist wrote on remineralization, but the site kept telling me there was an error in processing, but did not specify what it was. The O3 people sent an e-mail with a link to pay for the product. So I placed the order as shown, even though I had since changed my mind on sizes.
I sewed the last two rows onto Jane's quilt-as-you-go. I cut binding strips, ironed them in half and then cut the ends at an angle and pinned them together. I sorted through scraps to find blues to match the blue that the guild wanted for their banner. I also kept an eye out for reds for a barn block, and blacks for Beverly W. Then I went looking for the leftovers for my bag. When I found them, I put them in a bag for Tuesday. I cut corners on fabrics that were new and needed washing. I started listening to audios. I ate a bowl of heart stew. Chris came home from work while I was eating frozen fruit and holding the grapes against the sore area in the back of my mouth.

When I finished the bag of frozen fruit, I went for a walk. I took a baggie with me and picked poke berries along the way. On the walk home, I notice more junipers, one was full of berries. When I got home, I finished mowing the lawn and put the mower away. Chris had been sipping wine and filling out job applications online. He was very talkative and concerned about my feelings, not his usual self. He made his supper and I made a salad. I ate it while listening to an audio of Dr. Carrington, a 94 year old psychologist who hasn't retired yet. 8 pm came and went. I told Chris I was ready to watch TV any time. Somehow an argument ensued. I was no longer talking to tipsy Chris. He was back to his usual self. I busied myself at my sewing table. I started some patchwork for the modern quilt guild. When Chris was ready, he turned on DS9. We agreed not to have a fight since nothing was ever settled anyway.
Then we watched two episodes of DS9. Afterward, I checked on the moldy toothbrush I had left in the sink in a dilution of bleach. Much of the solution had seeped out. The brush was clean (at least enough to use in the tub). But there were black spots around the drain where the surface of the sink had come off. At least that's what it looked like.
I brushed my teeth in the other bathroom, and swished while typing up my blog. Then I took my evening supplements and used the ozone cream on both sides of my mouth. Then it was time for bed.

No comments: