Saturday, September 8, 2018

Sewing (and swimming) Saturday

I don't know when I got up. I brushed and swished and sewed fleece strips together. I rolled up the ball of fleece and put it in with bag with the rug. I added a baggie with needle and thread. Then I brushed again, and drank lemon water while reading e-mail and listening to the next episode from the Home Remedy summit:
One herbologist wishes he could convince every oncologist to give their patients astragulus to repair their immune system. Drinking salt water stops autoimmune looping.
It was hard to finish the audio with Chris talking to me and Jennifer texting me. She invited me to swim in her pool this afternoon. When the audio was over, I took a shower, put on a bathing suit and covered it with a top and shorts. I put on my shoes and packed Jane's project. On my way to the car, I realized the flowers needed watering, so I gave them a quick splash. I noticed that the ground crew had weedwhacked all my mint. Then I put my machine in the trunk and headed out.
I arrived at the library before lunch arrived ( though it was after noon). I set up my machine. Amanda gave me a piece of a puzzle to recreate in fabric. I got to see what some other people did with their pieces. When all the pieces go together, it will be our guild logo.
There were 15 charity blocks laid out on the table. My job was to cut them down to 10 inches. Some already were. But some were smaller. After cutting down the larger ones, I used the trimmings to make the smallest ones larger. But there were too many smaller ones. Lucky for me, they were at least 10 on one side. So I made two rows that were 3/8 inch less than the others. Then I started sewing the rows together. By 2:40 I had three rows together and 4 more to go. But Jennifer was expecting me at 3, so I packed up and headed out.
She did not live far from the library. So I got there right on time. She was waiting out by the pool. I took off the clothes covering my suit and got in the pool. I started picking out the leaves that were falling in. Soon she joined me. We talked about health practices and herbology, and her kids. She told me how hard it was to find horseradish root.
Later her son came by to participate in making Four Thieves Oil. It was after 5 so I dried off, and got dressed. I gave her some moringa that I had dried and ground up. I was about to leave when Tim texted me. I had to look up something in the bank bag and texted him back. Then I drove home.
I watered the plants out back and picked some dandelion. I made and ate a salad and a bowl of onion soup. We called Al to wish him a happy birthday. He and Michele were watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
We watched the rest of the episodes of McHale's Navy that were on the DVD. I drank some kava tea and swallowed a tsp of magnesium. I looked on the internet to find clues to why I ordered a dolomite supplement. I swished while I typed up my blog. Then it was time for the ozone cream and bed.
* Not exactly my taste in quilts. *

No comments: