Monday, September 3, 2018

Blue blocks in one piece

I heard my alarm go off, and started my visualizations. I got up to start my morning routine, but decided to pay Chris some attention. Then I brushed and swished. I sewed two strips to the block in progress. I read e-mail. At some point I made and ate breakfast. Then I got dressed and went to quilting.
The ladies were having lunch, so I sat with them. Some left and the others returned to sewing. Several were working on the charity block. The black fabric I brought wasn't big enough so I borrowed some from Dinah. I socialized with Cindy and Leona while I found a pleasing arrangement of the blue blocks and sewed them together. I pressed it while Bertha and Rebecca packed up. They waited for me to pack up and we all left together.
When I got home, there was no Chris. I figured he went to a movie. I sewed some fleece strips together and then paused to audition blue fabrics for borders for the blue blocks. I took pics of all the possibilities and deleted the ones I was sure I didn't want.
I vacuumed the sand from my suitcase. I rinsed out dyed fabric and laid them on the washing machine to dry. I ate some onion soup, then went outside to trim the yard with grass shears.
When I came back in, Chris was sitting at his laptop. He had gone to work. I made a salad, then ate some dates with coconut flakes. I listened to a podcast on dental health. I looked up poke berry dye recipes until Chris was ready.
Then we watched the first two episodes of Deep Space Nine. I don't think I had ever seen them before. I rubbed pieces of onion on my scalp while we watched. Afterward. I looked up some of the actors. I started washing the dried onion juice from my hair and then remembered that I was supposed to leave it in over night. I swished with tooth powder and xylitol while I typed up my blog. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. And then it was my turn. I stuck a sleep patch on my arm. I put ozone cream in my mouth, and on my scalp. I was not looking forward to choking on it again as I fell asleep.
* This is the current block in progress. Almost ready to be turned in tomorrow. *

No comments: